tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check all the time at my nearby thrift stores, as frequent visits is a must when you hope to find stuff. Last night I went by this place after a road trip before I headed home. I saw nothing worth buying. Now here's the strange coincidence that seems to play out. I had to go to the post office this morning to mail some work related stuff and I'm thinking even though I hit this thrift store 14 hours ago, I'll have a look again after I hit the post office before I go back to work. I'm looking around all the kitchen related merchandise and see this silver dish. Turn it over and take a moment looking at the mark and within 5 seconds I realized I found a treasure of 95% alloy silver. It's a hefty piece from Mexico at over 14 troy ounces of silver melt. Not all that sure about the coincidence of a must to go to the post office and then the thrift store, but it is something I just realized this time. I can recall this being a 3rd time this has happened. Go to the post office first and then the thrift store. ???

Here at the link below you can read a little background of this Mexican Silver Shop.

Attachments

• 20220915_105111.jpg
    20220915_105111.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 20220915_105100.jpg
    20220915_105100.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20220915_114824.jpg
    20220915_114824.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 98

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could I ask the price? For education purposes 🤘

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check all the time at my nearby thrift stores, as frequent visits is a must when you hope to find stuff. Last night I went by this place after a road trip before I headed home. I saw nothing worth buying. Now here's the strange coincidence that seems to play out. I had to go to the post office this morning to mail some work related stuff and I'm thinking even though I hit this thrift store 14 hours ago, I'll have a look again after I hit the post office before I go back to work. I'm looking around all the kitchen related merchandise and see this silver dish. Turn it over and take a moment looking at the mark and within 5 seconds I realized I found a treasure of 95% alloy silver. It's a hefty piece from Mexico at over 14 troy ounces of silver melt. Not all that sure about the coincidence of a must to go to the post office and then the thrift store, but it is something I just realized this time. I can recall this being a 3rd time this has happened. Go to the post office first and then the thrift store. ???

Here at the link below you can read a little background of this Mexican Silver Shop.
It’s gorgeous, what a great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread