OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone had posted a video clip of the OI team moving that 90' stone with just their fingers, I wonder, is this the same stone that the LIDAR was used on, or do they have another stone sitting in the wings ? ? ? If so, how much did it cost to get those guys to go along with History Channel ? If that video is 100% authentic, it shows the length that History Channel will go to deceive viewers. :dontknow:
It is authentic... You can see this if you re watch that segment of the show (use something like dailymotion and can move video to relevant section). I do wonder about this though. It may just be some type of coincidence ie the stone was sitting up on a fold in the blanket and when he touches it it unbalances and gives the impression of him pushing it.

But this is now there problem. They have shot their credibility by being shown to be lying. So do not know what else to believe.

I do not think any one is claiming the Roman numerals support this structure being built by Romans. As other have said roman numerals are easy to use on wood because they are straight lines so easy to carve.

That wood seems to be in far to good a condition to be "ancient". Located there in mud, salt water etc it would be far more deteriorated then it is now. Look at the wood in old shipwrecks. I would be very surprised if that wood is more then a couple of hundred years old at most.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I do not think there ever was even a "fake" stone with the "alleged" inscription that anyone actually ever saw. The only report EVER of someone seeing that particular inscription that was translated was given on a prospectus to attract investors. The actual stone was never shown.

It is the last line that probably generated the "fake story". It gives as fact that others had seen this inscription. There are ZERO reports anywhere of this being the case.

All the later reports are just based on what was said in the prospectus.

All other earlier reports do not have a "readable code" on the stone.

Have the Laginas done no research on the stone at all... Or are they just happy to b*ll Sh*t us all now.

These last two episodes have now shown that what they say cannot be trusted. They are lying and know that these are lies.

How can we now know if that lead cross was actually found in smiths Cove. They moved the stone location to make a better story why not the cross....

Did they ever really find human bone fragments in the pit?... Who knows now... The fact that the rest of the two skeletons have not been found suggests this evidence may have been planted/moved...

The FACT that they have now resorted to easily provable lies is very sad for all of us interested in the actual history/mystery of oak Island. What the Laginas now find need to be somewhat discounted...

Now that you have exposed the show for what it really is, all lies, will you stop watching? I guess that means you will also stop commenting on the show because you proved your point. It's a shame to see you go, but you did what you had to do!

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you have exposed the show for what it really is, all lies, will you stop watching? I guess that means you will also stop commenting on the show because you proved your point. It's a shame to see you go, but you did what you had to do!
I am sorry I do not understand you... You appear to believe that only people that believe the Laginas story can be interested in the legend. Oak Island is not the Laginas... The story of the history and search interest me.. What has the Laginas lying got to do with that? Are you saying you believe they found that stone in the cellar and that they have not falsely claimed the initials LN were reported on it?

Are you arguing that to disagree with aspects of the show means that a person should not watch it? Do you believe the only discussion here should be among people who have not arrived at the conclusion that there is no treasure in the money pit?

Or do you just believe it is ok for the show to tell lies and people not point this out?

As I said I really do not understand you..

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Someone had posted a video clip of the OI team moving that 90' stone with just their fingers, I wonder, is this the same stone that the LIDAR was used on, or do they have another stone sitting in the wings ? ? ? If so, how much did it cost to get those guys to go along with History Channel ? If that video is 100% authentic, it shows the length that History Channel will go to deceive viewers. :dontknow:
They should change the name to the Hypocrisy channel

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
I am sorry I do not understand you... You appear to believe that only people that believe the Laginas story can be interested in the legend(1). Oak Island is not the Laginas... The story of the history and search interest me.. What has the Laginas lying got to do with that?(2) Are you saying you believe they found that stone in the cellar and that they have not falsely claimed the initials LN were reported on it?(3)

Are you arguing that to disagree with aspects of the show means that a person should not watch it?(4) Do you believe the only discussion here should be among people who have not arrived at the conclusion that there is no treasure in the money pit?(5)

Or do you just believe it is ok for the show to tell lies and people not point this out?(6)

As I said I really do not understand you..

1. That is pure conjecture. I never said that.
2. If the show has no credibility, why watch it? You will not get any credible info if they are liars. Correct?
3. I gave my view/information on the stone a few posts back.
4. ABSOLUTELY! Why waste your time berating a show you don't like and berating people's theories about the show if you have no belief in what the show is portraying?
5, No. But some people that watch the show and enjoy it don't enjoy hearing the disparaging comments directed at the show. If you don't like it don't watch.
6. People lie to each other and themselves everyday. So if a TV show lies, that's small potatoes. I don't think you give credit to people that watch the show in regards that they can't tell fact from fiction. Believe it or not, some intelligent people watch the show and I think most are able to know what is real, staged, and just plain fake.

Now, having explained myself, you can rest easy in the fact that people will still watch the show whether or not you approve of it as a valid presentation of facts.

OR is it that people get kicks knocking down a show that isn't here to defend itself?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. That is pure conjecture. I never said that.
2. If the show has no credibility, why watch it? You will not get any credible info if they are liars. Correct?
3. I gave my view/information on the stone a few posts back.
4. ABSOLUTELY! Why waste your time berating a show you don't like and berating people's theories about the show if you have no belief in what the show is portraying?
5, No. But some people that watch the show and enjoy it don't enjoy hearing the disparaging comments directed at the show. If you don't like it don't watch.
6. People lie to each other and themselves everyday. So if a TV show lies, that's small potatoes. I don't think you give credit to people that watch the show in regards that they can't tell fact from fiction. Believe it or not, some intelligent people watch the show and I think most are able to know what is real, staged, and just plain fake.

Now, having explained myself, you can rest easy in the fact that people will still watch the show whether or not you approve of it as a valid presentation of facts.

OR is it that people get kicks knocking down a show that isn't here to defend itself?
As I stated in my previous post I just do not understand the point you are trying to make.

People lie to each other and themselves everyday. So if a TV show lies, that's small potatoes. I don't think you give credit to people that watch the show in regards that they can't tell fact from fiction.
I am not cool with this even though you are... The show has taken a large amount of government money and should tell the truth..

If you believe that there is no problem with them lying then how do you know which things they say are true?

I personally am interested in what actually happened on OI you seem to just want a fairy tale..

Good for you...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This link was posted in another thread. It is the finds from Lot Five on OI by a previous owner

https://oakislandlotfive.com/the-finds (If you click on one image you can just scroll through the rest by turning the mouse wheel). The thing I wanted to draw attention too is the condition of all the iron (Mostly claimed from 18th & 19thCentaury).. Look at how rusted this iron is . Compare that to the "Ancient" roman spear condition (lack of rust/crusting) to the iron from the last couple of hundred years...

5_052.jpg 5_066.jpg OI-stake.jpg

The romans must of had some amazing rust prevention technology to include with their iron...

This site also has a great picture gallery (Just click on one and turn mouse wheel to scroll through) https://oakislandlotfive.com/picture-gallery

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
As I stated in my previous post I just do not understand the point you are trying to make.

I am not cool with this even though you are... The show has taken a large amount of government money and should tell the truth..

Really? Since when do governments tell the truth? AND if it is your money that is being used inappropriately, then yourself and a bunch of concerned citizens need to take the proper steps to recoup the funds given fraudulently. Otherwise, you are just venting.

If you believe that there is no problem with them lying then how do you know which things they say are true?

Because I can use my brain. I can research what is truth and fantasy.

I personally am interested in what actually happened on OI you seem to just want a fairy tale..
Then why watch a show that is full of lies? What info could you possibly get that would be useful? As for what I want, that isn't the issue here. I am trying to understand YOUR logic for watching a show that would have no value to someone like you. You made your points why you feel the show is full of lies. We get it. So what other purpose is there to keep berating it?

Good for you...

See above

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think there ever was even a "fake" stone with the "alleged" inscription that anyone actually ever saw. The only report EVER of someone seeing that particular inscription that was translated was given on a prospectus to attract investors. The actual stone was never shown.
I don't believe in an "actual" 90' stone. I could have sworn I saw a replica in a shot of the museum. I will look for a capture.

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, there is a replica of the stone in the museum. It's based off of the 1999 artwork used in the 2000 issue of "Skeptical Inquirer". It was drawn by artist Joe Nickell who is on record stating that he used some creative license as to how it would look and was based off of William S. Crooker’s 1993 Oak Island Gold. Which had the cipher based off of Edward Rowe Snow's 1949 book, True Tales of Buried Treasure which is the first written appearance of the cipher. 150 years after the stone was supposedly unearthed.

The stone in the museum is pretty modern and created by Oak Island Tours Inc. as a tourist thing. Or perhaps for the show.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, there is a replica of the stone in the museum. It's based off of the 1999 artwork used in the 2000 issue of "Skeptical Inquirer". It was drawn by artist Joe Nickell who is on record stating that he used some creative license as to how it would look and was based off of William S. Crooker’s 1993 Oak Island Gold. Which had the cipher based off of Edward Rowe Snow's 1949 book, True Tales of Buried Treasure which is the first written appearance of the cipher. 150 years after the stone was supposedly unearthed.

The stone in the museum is pretty modern and created by Oak Island Tours Inc. as a tourist thing. Or perhaps for the show.

Thanks! :occasion14:
I know I had a few but was pretty sure I saw one. They should have just used that one.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
want-fairy-tale_600x.jpg

See above

Then why watch a show that is full of lies? What info could you possibly get that would be useful
I do not think the whole show is full of lies. I have never said that. They are showing much of interest on OI. I am really looking forward to the complete exposure of Smiths Cove. I just believe that when they are claiming things it is perfectly reasonable for people to question them...

Anyway you are welcome to your fairytale. I do not question your right to believe what you want to believe... I do not understand why you have such a problem with people that do not accept your view of the show...

Why not start your own thread "True believers only! Skeptics not welcome" I Guarantee I will not visit it or post in it.. It can be just for those that believe...

I will continue to watch the show and comment on both what I find interesting and what I find improbable or just fanciful.....

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahhh, I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!!!
This place is so much fun I can't keep away.
Like many on this site, I watch for the entertainment, to discuss the possible, plausible and the impossible. They do peddle all three on this show so why try to limit what we can discuss?

Just because I don't believe anything was ever hidden on the island doesn't mean I don't enjoy discussing the possibility of who could have done what, when and how. Lots of possibilities. When the brain get churning all sorts of possibilities come forth.

Some people present some interesting thoughts, ideas and theories.... while some present some complete whacked out ideas.. all are fun to discuss.

Cant wait to see what all the wooden structure is they find tonight. Will Laird put the brakes on so they can explore at an Archie pace? Will they find some Bobby Dazzlers? Will more Templar goodies be found? Tune tonight and lets see! :occasion14:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
View attachment 1671195

I do not think the whole show is full of lies. I have never said that. They are showing much of interest on OI. I am really looking forward to the complete exposure of Smiths Cove. I just believe that when they are claiming things it is perfectly reasonable for people to question them...

Anyway you are welcome to your fairytale. I do not question your right to believe what you want to believe... I do not understand why you have such a problem with people that do not accept your view of the show...

Why not start your own thread "True believers only! Skeptics not welcome" I Guarantee I will not visit it or post in it.. It can be just for those that believe...

I will continue to watch the show and comment on both what I find interesting and what I find improbable or just fanciful.....

But you don't know what I believe. Anyhow that wasn't my point. The point was, if you dislike the show then why bother commenting about it or watching it(I realize you answered this above)?

However, I see you flip-flopped a bit. So now you finally admit some parts of the show are "okay". Well, "good for you".

Enjoy the show!

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The excavation of Smiths Cove is amazing.. Now that is true history being uncovered.

ushapped.jpg wall.jpg

It seems (in my view) that the U shapped structure was part of a treasure searchers effort to build a coffer dam to block the box drains. The wall seems part of the same attempt.

So if they have discovered "ancient" drains that is very exciting (I do not subscribe to flood tunnels) but someone must of built them for something.

I was happy to see they have at least changed the claim on the stone from "LN was reported" to " Initials (not specified) were reported". (You do wonder who does the editing and voice over it certainly twists stuff)

I hope it is the genuine stone. But it does not help much. They will not be getting a secret code of that old rock. But cool if they really have found it.

I am a bit sick of star maps and other wacko theory's...

Nice seeing they are doing Smith Cove properly. I have trust in Laird. He seems to take his job pretty seriously.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but who builds a dam that is only 1 log high?

Based on the spaced notches, the U-Shaped structure seems built to support a dock. But as they continue excavation it continues to be more interesting.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of course there could have been more logs that got washed away etc but if there was they should atleast find some scattered around down there....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread