A swift Saturday Swing! xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
We managed to get out for a few hours today, the ground is super hard everywhere so we headed to a usually boggy field just outside the village, the field has lots of natural springs, last time we came to this end the holes filled up with water as we dug, so digging was easy, but beeps were scarce.

I was very excited when himself yelled over that he had found a pocket watch…. Hmmm…. 🙄! But he did find the buckle so he did ok. Not sure what the little silver thing is, maybe nothing, but not magnetic (?) , musket ball, buttons and some pre decimal coins, including an 1862 Victoria. Will give the coins to himself for identification…. !

The grass is super long, but it’s the wafty sort so swinging is easy, but boy does it stir the pollen up! I think I sneezed more than the Deus beeped😂 xx

IMG_7367.jpeg
IMG_7368.jpeg
IMG_7369.jpeg
IMG_7371.jpeg
IMG_7372.jpeg
IMG_7373.jpeg
IMG_7356.jpeg
IMG_7357.jpeg
IMG_7358.jpeg

Upvote 37

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a fine watch.
And it will be also fine if you don't nag me about my being late. Or early be it such.
:laughing7:

Congrats on the outing , and the recoveries!! oh the recoveries.
Good call on the usually higher moisture area.
That is indeed some grass to whip about.

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We managed to get out for a few hours today, the ground is super hard everywhere so we headed to a usually boggy field just outside the village, the field has lots of natural springs, last time we came to this end the holes filled up with water as we dug, so digging was easy, but beeps were scarce.

I was very excited when himself yelled over that he had found a pocket watch…. Hmmm…. 🙄! But he did find the buckle so he did ok. Not sure what the little silver thing is, maybe nothing, but not magnetic (?) , musket ball, buttons and some pre decimal coins, including an 1862 Victoria. Will give the coins to himself for identification…. !

The grass is super long, but it’s the wafty sort so swinging is easy, but boy does it stir the pollen up! I think I sneezed more than the Deus beeped😂 xx

View attachment 2089466 View attachment 2089467 View attachment 2089468 View attachment 2089469 View attachment 2089470 View attachment 2089471 View attachment 2089472 View attachment 2089473 View attachment 2089474
Nice day even if it was a short one. I always enjoy seeing what you post. Keep the good stuff coming.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2089466 View attachment 2089467 View attachment 2089468 View attachment 2089469 View attachment 2089470 View attachment 2089471 View attachment 2089472 View attachment 2089473 View attachment 2089474
The musket ball is really cool...I can imagine keeping them in a curio cabinet for viewing ...would not enjoy being on the receiving end of one of those...is the time period around Cromwell's time? Love your posts!

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
The musket ball is really cool...I can imagine keeping them in a curio cabinet for viewing ...would not enjoy being on the receiving end of one of those...is the time period around Cromwell's time? Love your posts!
Ah thank you xx yes we know that there was a battle nearby, when The village church was used as a barracks by Parliamentarian soldiers during the Civil War, and was burnt down by them after the Royalist forces surrendered in 1645 So this musket ball could well be from that period! xx

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah thank you xx yes we know that there was a battle nearby, when The village church was used as a barracks by Parliamentarian soldiers during the Civil War, and was burnt down by them after the Royalist forces surrendered in 1645 So this musket ball could well be from that period! xx
Fascinating stuff! One wonders what history we will have left in the ground and recovered 7 or 8 hundred years from now. :)

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You gotta love Saturdays. Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Cool!!! Beautiful Views You Post😁
Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions