What's new

A Tip For Preserving Spare Batteries...

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I always carry a spare 9volt battery with me for my pinpointer. I keep it in a baggie in my bucket of stuff that I take out with me. Just a couple weeks ago my pinpointer signaled the battery was low. So, I grab my spare and wouldn't you know it. The terminals have rusted up. The battery wouldn't work and I had just started my hunt. Crap! I did manage to pick off enough corrosion with my fingernail. Just enough to get me by. But, from now on I wrap spare battery terminals in electrical tape to prevent moisture from getting on them.

-Swartzie
 
I only use the copper tops. They last for years on standby duty ready to run. Never had one corrode. Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom