What's new

A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitus!

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

Went down quick this evening to get some quick marble insitu's.

River was to high, but enough to get some pics.

You can pick the surface, or spread out shovels full of dirt to look for marbles. The water helps to spot the marbles.

HH
 

Attachments

  • riverbank.webp
    riverbank.webp
    141.5 KB · Views: 305
  • mkmib2.webp
    mkmib2.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 310
  • mkmib.webp
    mkmib.webp
    12 KB · Views: 302
  • mibsitu.webp
    mibsitu.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 285
Oh I like that..

I would much rather find antique marbles in cool water than in horrendous desert heat. Let's trade places!
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

very kewl...ben there lotsa times...that blue cullet is vitrolyte...you can tell by the ridges in the back...it was once tile for big applications.......didja ever see those clear pieces of tank windows???
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

I don't know of any production releases of aventurine mibs from MK, but I think I found some from the dumps which may have been experiments.

I like to dig where there is a source of water, or in the dry sand. The in between muddy soil makes it hard to spot the marbles.

I have a bunch of that vitrolyte material. I want to see if it can be knapped. I have seen some of that window material.

HH
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

there aventurine in them thar hills...often aventurine appears in the green..i think it was a chemical reaction tho...not on purpose like all the other companies of the time..in other words they didnt add the stuff on purpose...
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

UM ??? why are there marbles there :icon_scratch: is it a manufacturers dump site...or

HH
MichiganRob
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

Some really nice aventurines have come from digs. Keep you eye to the ground. :thumbsup:
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

MichiganRob said:
UM ??? why are there marbles there :icon_scratch: is it a manufacturers dump site...or

HH
MichiganRob
The marbles are there because of a factory dump site. This area is downstream from a drainage runoff that goes through the original dump. The dump is on private property and has been buried by the owner. The material in the run has been depleted over decades of collecting, so it is not easy to find many good mibs these days.

HH
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

Check out my response to MRob, right above your post. That will explain it for you. :icon_thumright:

HH
 
Re: A Tnet first? Marble diggin insitu's!

I was told I was losing my mind,
now im begining to believe it. :(
I know I read the entire post,
guess it just didnt register .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom