Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I met my hunting buddy at the park that we hunted last week. We both hit a lawn on a hill that was generous with silver last year. Unfortunately, nobody is replenishing the silver coins anymore. This hill overlooks a body of water which is always a favorite place for people to congregate. It seems that staring out at water from a grassy hill has a calming effect or is a romantic setting for some. Either way, I have always been lucky on hills. Brian decided to return to the woods where he found a Barber dime last week. I continued to search the hill for another hour, loading up on quarters and then joined Brian in the woods.
Eventually, I moved toward another area that gave up a few silvers earlier this year. After finding a few Wheat Pennies, I finally passed the coil over a silver. It was a Mercury Dime. Always nice to go home with silver.
My finds for the day were: 27q, 30d, 14n, 28 memorials, 11 Wheat Pennies, (27, 29, 30, 44, 45, 47, 49, 50d, 51, 53d, & 54d), a 1942d Mercury Dime, and a 1997 Twenty Cent coin from Singapore.
I also recovered a piece of chain, 3 brass nuts, a miniature headless horseman, and a combination knife / bottle opener
My Total Silver Coin Count for 2015 is now 151 coins.
IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2227.JPG IMG_2228.JPG IMG_2225.JPG IMG_2224.JPG IMG_2223.JPG

Upvote 15

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tip of the hat to you sir....over 150...amazing !!!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be vewy,vewy careful---mayor dumbo may take your treasures and call it a finders fee :-)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on another silver, but the hunt goes to the two side plates off the advertising knife, they're a really a cool find. Have a couple of different ones myself, and something that I've only got out of the urban park settings.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy digs! A lot of work, but looks like it paid off. Nice hunt!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Silver Merc. Keep your streak alive!! HH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so elated that you hunt in NY. Man you pull your share of coins. Congrats on silver 151. Did you have the XP Deus out?

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so elated that you hunt in NY. Man you pull your share of coins. Congrats on silver 151. Did you have the XP Deus out?
No, my go to machine is the E-trac. I have found 150 of those silvers with the E-trac.
I did find one Mercury dime with the Deus, my very first time out with it. I have only used the Deus 3 times since buying it earlier this year.
I have seen all the rave reviews about the Deus and it is a great machine but I have some issues with it's design and it's love for steel
bottle caps. The signal from the steel bottle cap is very close to a signal from a dime. I don't care for it's Depth Meter Design either. I have the Remote as well as the WS5 headphones, but if you are using this machine without the Remote, you better have some "Beep and Dig" experience. It has some serious learning curves and I would not recommend it to a beginner. Especially if they are hunting in an Urban Environment.
Andy Sabisch does not have an acceptable answer for eliminating or ignoring the steel bottle cap issue. He is currently conducting Boot Camp Seminars for the Deus throughout the USA. The seminars cost $125. I don't recall any other Manufacturer hiring anyone to give an all day class for one of their machines.
The XP Deus was designed and manufactured in France for use in the country fields of the United Kingdom. I have friends who live in the southern U.S. states, and they have had extraordinary success in their Civil War Relic recoveries. These hunters are not trying to coin shoot a target. The Deus does not have an overload. It will go deep and detect all metal. An excellent way to locate relics. Rarely are the remains of the "Corona Bottle Cap" found in these hunt locations. I have no doubt that I can master this machine but the E-trac is making me very happy.
When I get invited to hunt a farmlike environment or go up in the woods, I will charge up the Deus and bring it along.

Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's a lot of coins! Nice Merc

I agree with the Deus and loving rusty steel. It's great at finding good stuff, but unfortunately my steel junk has increased as well.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, my go to machine is the E-trac. I have found 150 of those silvers with the E-trac.
I did find one Mercury dime with the Deus, my very first time out with it. I have only used the Deus 3 times since buying it earlier this year.
I have seen all the rave reviews about the Deus and it is a great machine but I have some issues with it's design and it's love for steel
bottle caps. The signal from the steel bottle cap is very close to a signal from a dime. I don't care for it's Depth Meter Design either. I have the Remote as well as the WS5 headphones, but if you are using this machine without the Remote, you better have some "Beep and Dig" experience. It has some serious learning curves and I would not recommend it to a beginner. Especially if they are hunting in an Urban Environment.
Andy Sabisch does not have an acceptable answer for eliminating or ignoring the steel bottle cap issue. He is currently conducting Boot Camp Seminars for the Deus throughout the USA. The seminars cost $125. I don't recall any other Manufacturer hiring anyone to give an all day class for one of their machines.
The XP Deus was designed and manufactured in France for use in the country fields of the United Kingdom. I have friends who live in the southern U.S. states, and they have had extraordinary success in their Civil War Relic recoveries. These hunters are not trying to coin shoot a target. The Deus does not have an overload. It will go deep and detect all metal. An excellent way to locate relics. Rarely are the remains of the "Corona Bottle Cap" found in these hunt locations. I have no doubt that I can master this machine but the E-trac is making me very happy.
When I get invited to hunt a farmlike environment or go up in the woods, I will charge up the Deus and bring it along.

Thanks for the insight from your experience on the Deus. I value your opinion ATW.

Thanks Again GL & HH

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very respectable silver coin collection so far. I can't imagine finding that many, congratulations! Sub 8-)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That many silvers is just mind boggling to me. Congrats. Great year for you.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ATW. LINCOLNS ARE FACE FIRST IN THIS DEBATE . DANG WHAT A BUNCH OF CLAD ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread