A "what is it" for you.

A

Atlantis0077

A "what is it" for you.

Howdy,

I found this little piece of tan chert many years ago and tried to figure out what it was. Thinking it was just something they worked and didnt finish I didnt give it much thought until one day a friend brought me a point.....well it clicked....I now know what it is exactly.
Now you tell me....LOL

Atlantis

Attachments

• andice 004.jpg
    andice 004.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 356
  • andice 001.jpg
    andice 001.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 361
  • andice 003.jpg
    andice 003.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0
Re: A "what is it" for you.

LOL,

Thought the photo title would give it away....oh well.

That is a wing off an Andice point. There was one very large one found near my home....over 7" long and 4" wide and perfect....museum piece.....yep they sold it, but at that time I was in no position to buy it......shame too. Here is a photo of what one looks like.....I think this is a flintknapped piece. A Bell point also can have wings like that, but we see more Andice in my area than Bell

Atlantis

Attachments

• andice006.jpg
    andice006.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 318
  • andice 006.jpg
    andice 006.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 346

OUCH!! That's a love - hate find there....love that you found it, hate that it's not complete. I love Calf Creek Complex pieces and find them on occasion. I just made some casts of my favorite Calf Creek, and will be casted more CCC soon.

Matt

Interesting piece! What a heartbreaker too! I thought that Andice point "wings" were always "bell-bottomed" but your lower photo shows one that is clearly not. Pretty good 'detective' work in my opinion! ;)
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back