Abraham Lincoln owned dinner plate collectible used in White House private dinners.

luxuryliving

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attention Civil War and Lincoln enthusiasts:

I have listed a Abraham Lincoln collectible on eBay that i had aquired from a collector. The plate was kept in the White House museum as well as the Smithsonian for decades; i have all the provenance and paperwork with it but cannot find a value anywhere. I have found information about this particular set the Lincolns ordered but didnt find a similar item to compare value however the story of the plate itself is quite interesting. If there are any Civil War or Lincoln collectible experts out there that could help it would be appreciate. It is currently on eBay with a lot more information and pictures, here is the link. I appreciate any response or help!

Abraham Mary Todd Lincoln Owned Dinner Plate Used in White House Collectible | eBay

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seen this post and noticed you sold it for $1,500 on E-Bay! I would say, with all the documentation you have with it and of course the history of this piece, it could go for $1,500-$3,000 and I think $1,500 for it was a good quick sell but you may have gotten lot more if you waited for the right buyer perhaps in or close to the $3,000 range. Thanks for the E-Bay sell!!! i'm sure someone got what they really wanted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread