What's new

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, Say What?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2017
Messages
3,773
Reaction score
7,384
Golden Thread
0
Location
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Yeah, I know ya'll think I'm crazy and you'd be spot on in that assessment. I do happen to have a nasty hatred of the undead and Vampires being among those creatures must be taken out at ALL costs.:violent1: In my most recent Big Lots scavenger hunt I came across a copy of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. SWEET! Ever since I first saw the trailer years ago I wanted a copy of this movie. Sure, I could have snagged one off E-bay but, where's the treasure hunting in that?

Anyhow I just finished viewing this amazing movie and must say it far exceeded my expectations in every aspect of movie entertainment. The fact that it takes place during the civil war and I get to see way cool civil war relics as props just adds to my interest. I certainly don't wish to offend anyone that might have a strong dislike for Abraham Lincoln or his role in our nations history. Just remember, this is a Hollywood movie. It certainly does a fine job at remaining historically accurate while blending in the vampire menace which is reeking havoc upon our nation! LOL! So I just wanted to share my thoughts on this really well done and way cool vampire flick. First rate acting, special effects, story line, etc. It's just a really well done movie. Then again, this opinion is from a crazy person so there ya' have it. Get you a copy @ your nearest Big Lots if you're fortunate enough to find one! Adios. Kurios1

Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter 002.webp
 
I do happen to have a nasty hatred of the undead and Vampires being among those creatures must be taken out at ALL cost.

Fun is fun. Entertaining flick.

But someone who thinks they need to kill vampires and the already dead probably shouldn't be allowed to own dangerous things like cars, guns or power tools. :dontknow:
 
Fun is fun. Entertaining flick.

But someone who thinks they need to kill vampires and the already dead probably shouldn't be allowed to own dangerous things like cars, guns or power tools. :dontknow:

Actually I remember a line in the movie that stated you can't kill the dead because they are already dead. They need to be destroyed. The line you highlighted was intended to be sarcasm. You think I actually believe in vampires? Hmmm? Good Lord, I can't even post a movie review and be goofy without being made into a public menace! SHEESH! I'll go back into my cage now Charles.
 
I only have what you tell me to go by. :dontknow:

If vegetarians eat vegetables, then vampires must be humanitarians.

But we both know it's all make believe . . . right?
 
You have to drop a hit of acid to REALLY enjoy this film!:headbang:
 
You have to drop a hit of acid to REALLY enjoy this film!:headbang:

At my age I am not sure I'd recover from a "trip". My mind was throttled enough back in the day from my experimentation with chemicals. I did really enjoy the movie though I was not influenced by any mind altering substances.:hello:
 
Kurios, Ah........I did rent that movie awhile ago, because the trailer looked good, but the movie itself? In two words, Absolutely AWFUL. Were there two movies with the same title?
 
Kurios, Ah........I did rent that movie awhile ago, because the trailer looked good, but the movie itself? In two words, Absolutely AWFUL. Were there two movies with the same title?

He hee! I reckon you saw the same movie as me. I just happen to love watching vampires get taken out. I grew up on Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Sr. Jr., Bela Lugosi, and the old time horror greats. I guess I am just a bit odd about my movie tastes. There was some nice Eagle Breast Plates and US Belt plates to look at!:tongue3:
 
It was a fun, outrageous, over-the-top movie with a crazy story line that was done in such a serious style that I think a lot of people were put off by it. Some great visuals, kind of interesting from a historical perspective, exciting at times and good for a laugh. I enjoyed it.
 
Personally, I thought that the Mockbuster called Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies had a neat plot line with a cool twist at the end.
 
One of the scariest movies, (IMO), that gave me nightmares was "Night of the Living Dead"
Yeah, I had trouble with that one. Then there was,
"Dawn of the Dead" Messed me up all over again.
Now they have an award winning TV series called "The Walking Dead"
I will watch it when I can
Well done and still messes with me.
 
One of the scariest movies, (IMO), that gave me nightmares was "Night of the Living Dead"
Yeah, I had trouble with that one. Then there was,
"Dawn of the Dead" Messed me up all over again.
Now they have an award winning TV series called "The Walking Dead"
I will watch it when I can
Well done and still messes with me.
Hope you missed "Day of The Dead" directed and written by George A Romero. Tripping the first time I saw it. One of the grossest movies I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.
 
Personally, I thought that the Mockbuster called Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies had a neat plot line with a cool twist at the end.

Never heard of that one. I'll be on the look out for it. Zombies all need destroyed too! :laughing9:
 
One of the scariest movies, (IMO), that gave me nightmares was "Night of the Living Dead"
Yeah, I had trouble with that one. Then there was,
"Dawn of the Dead" Messed me up all over again.
Now they have an award winning TV series called "The Walking Dead"
I will watch it when I can
Well done and still messes with me.

I know it's NOT real and just grew up watching the old black and white horror flicks with my step dad. We would be on the couch together and when the creepy part was coming up he would grab me and YELL! LOL! Probably traumatized me and why I am a bit left of center today! :laughing7:
 
Hope you missed "Day of The Dead" directed and written by George A Romero. Tripping the first time I saw it. One of the grossest movies I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

I didn't take a whole lot of "trips" but, do remember seeing the movie Heavy Metal while hallucinating. That was INDEED a TRIP! I also saw the original Friday the 13th in the theater. Couldn't find any "real" mind bending stuff so I took about four NO DOZE before entering the theater. My hair felt like it had electricity going through it! LOL! It's a miracle I survived my adolescence.:laughing9:
 
I know it's NOT real and just grew up watching the old black and white horror flicks with my step dad. We would be on the couch together and when the creepy part was coming up he would grab me and YELL! LOL! Probably traumatized me and why I am a bit left of center today! :laughing7:

Watched a few back in the seventies and then tried to watch a few over the years. I always seem to have some really messed up dreams after watching one so I don't anymore. I just mark it down as having too many personal horror shows in my life and don't need any more influence.:laughing7:
 
Howdy Folks. Yeah, I know ya'll think I'm crazy and you'd be spot on in that assessment. I do happen to have a nasty hatred of the undead and Vampires being among those creatures must be taken out at ALL costs.:violent1: In my most recent Big Lots scavenger hunt I came across a copy of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. SWEET! Ever since I first saw the trailer years ago I wanted a copy of this movie. Sure, I could have snagged one off E-bay but, where's the treasure hunting in that?

Anyhow I just finished viewing this amazing movie and must say it far exceeded my expectations in every aspect of movie entertainment. The fact that it takes place during the civil war and I get to see way cool civil war relics as props just adds to my interest. I certainly don't wish to offend anyone that might have a strong dislike for Abraham Lincoln or his role in our nations history. Just remember, this is a Hollywood movie. It certainly does a fine job at remaining historically accurate while blending in the vampire menace which is reeking havoc upon our nation! LOL! So I just wanted to share my thoughts on this really well done and way cool vampire flick. First rate acting, special effects, story line, etc. It's just a really well done movie. Then again, this opinion is from a crazy person so there ya' have it. Get you a copy @ your nearest Big Lots if you're fortunate enough to find one! Adios. Kurios1

View attachment 1532076

I love lincolns martial arts expertise with a hatchet/axe !! I too went into this movie with low expectations and came out a fan !! Ill watch it when ever I see it on now. One day my kid will be watching " Trump the north korean zombie slayer "
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom