ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One of my neighbors died last week. He was a hoarder. He also had a lot of cash hidden in his house. Yesterday they were cleaning it out and throwing a lot of new things in a dumpster they rented and put in the driveway. I have been helping but only to toss what they threw outside in the dumpster. They told me I could have anything they tossed out I wanted. I saw some new things so I went dumpster diving with another neighbor this morning. They are only scrounging for cash and throwing out everything.

I opened one trash bag and found a plastic pouch with 6.00 in it. Then I spotted two 20.00 bills just lose in the bag. Got those. Also got a handful of change. Got a lot of unopened packs of playing cards and small paint brushes and a few other things. While picking through things I picked up a pillow case. It had something in it. I opened it up and saw a bunch of envelopes.

In looking in the envelopes I saw CASH. I took the whole thing home and we opened all the envelopes. The grand total is 9400.00. Yes 9 thousand 400 dollars. This money would have been long gone when the dumpster was picked up. This is crazy. There is so much money in that house it is unbelievable. He was robbed in 2015 and claimed he lost over 200 grand in cash.

Well my neighbor and I split the cash and got 4700.00 each. Better us than the landfill as far as I am concerned. I am still shocked.

Upvote 49

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent-tgreat-awesome-f-Stock-Photo.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dry dive!
And a productive one.
Here's hoping the previous owner has found peace where money don't matter anymore.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on one heck of a find! Now get back out there and go through everything in the dumpster. Also, when they get done cleaning out the house, offer to search for more stuff hidden inside and outside the house and anything you find, you get half and make sure you have that in writing plus signed. There is likely money and possibly other valuables hidden all over the place and since he hoarded cash, then he likely hoarded Silver and Gold.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
He hoarded silver. He told me of a bag of it in the closet. I wish I could say what else was in the house but I can't. This is a scroungers dream come true. Maybe in time I can let more cats out of the bag. I have found a few more trinkets but they haven't touched even a 50th of what is in there yet. They went straight to where they think all the money is.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money is not always where you think it is, we know but it seems they to do not. I feel you'll have some other surprises, best of luck ;)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would of had to change my underware. :notworthy:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better set up camp next to that dumpster!!!! Probably more coming.....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save!
I'm sure there will be more coming in one form or another, keep on looking.

I often wonder how much money and valuables are buried in the dump, its one big treasure heap.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
He hoarded silver. He told me of a bag of it in the closet. I wish I could say what else was in the house but I can't. This is a scroungers dream come true. Maybe in time I can let more cats out of the bag. I have found a few more trinkets but they haven't touched even a 50th of what is in there yet. They went straight to where they think all the money is.

That is what I hate about money grubbing relatives! Most are worthless pieces of &%*# as human beings that are always hitting up other family members as well as friends for money and many can't hold a job or won't work. A local elderly gentleman was a penny pincher, never spent a lot on anything, accumulated a lot of wealth which he hid on his' property and in one of his' cars. When he died, the money grubbing relatives descended on his' property looking for his' hidden money but found very little. I was told that somewhere close to $50,000 was hid in the car which the family members sold to a Junk Yard. It is unknown of how many tens of thousands of dollars was hidden on the property where a Bank now sits. Talking about ironic!

Frank

DigginDave94

Apr 15, 2017
Dixon IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude thats awesome and your a good guy for telling the neighbor and splitting the money $$$ alot of people would have kept it all.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Today wasn't as profitable. Yesterday when the grandmother was throwing things out one grand daughter was helping. As she was going to throw a paper bag into the dumpster she yelled Grandmother, you missed something. She had a HUGE wad of bills in her hand. I was GREEN with ENVY.

Today in going through the shirt pockets they tossed I found 235.00 in cash. Not a lot but it helped.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
That's crazy! Nice score and a good example of why hoarding doesn't work (although our banks are a little safer up here).

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
And now we have yesterday's cash. One envelope with 900.00 was the largest. One with 60.00 one with 20.00 and a pill bottle with 120.00 rolled up inside.

Do you know how many pill bottles I DIDN'T open? MADDENING. This dumpster is over half full now. Hopefully today we will have more to play with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread