What's new

Ace 250 battery question

kayden

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
225
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guys i need help...Im only getting about 12-14 hours out of my batteries(I stop when battery hits 75 % )...Ive tried several brands & yes i use headphones...Is that the norm or do I have a problem?
 
I get 26 hours from my Ace 250. I run the batteries until they get down to 1 bar.
 
I use the Premium rechargeable Rayovac or Energizer , and have no issues, if I use the lesser rechargeable's It always starts out at 3 instead of 4 bars....
 
Do you mean when you have 75% power left.... Or you used 75% ? How many bars do you have left 1 or 3 when you quit ?
 
Keppy said:
Do you mean when you have 75% power left.... Or you used 75% ? How many bars do you have left 1 or 3 when you quit ?
I change them when I get to 75% left on the batteries (I read somewhere here to change them then) Should I be running them down to 25% instead? Also my buddy has an Ace250 with no headphones & it seems like his batteries last longer without headphones. Thanks for the replies guys
 
The question of battery "life" is not so simple for me at my current stage of ignorance. I have an ACE 350 had have been advised by the dealer to replace the batteries once the battery indicator drops the first bar. That provides, with earphones, only about six hours. At that rate, I'm spending more on batteries than I'm finding!

Yesterday, I did run the unit down to the last bar and didn't notice any performance differences. Today, yhe battery gauge shows a full charge. I wonder how long that will last before the charge drops drastically. In an all-day hunt, is it reasonable to cycle sets of standard batteries? Finally, what are the best, longlived AA batteries?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom