What's new

ace 250 need more depth

jameskaufmann

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
berks co. p.a.
Detector(s) used
teknetics omega 8000 fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is it worth the money getting a larger coil to get more depth for an ace 250? i have the standard 6.5x9. thank's
 
you will get more depth with larger coil but it may be at the expense of target id accuracy(and weight)
 
You must have soft dirt. Around here a 6" hole is a commitment.
 
I have the excelerator I think the 9" x 16" older one. No problem with pin pointing either, and the best part is you will cover more ground quickly :tongue3: Like anything, you just have to get used to it :icon_thumright:
 
guess what i'm saying is, am i trying to make a silk purse from a pig's ear. putting a $130 coil on a $200 detector? help me make up my mind. thanks.
 
I would not do that. I would look at putting the money you are going to spend on a new coil towards i higher model detector like the AT Pro and you get more hunting options like in the water and some more depth with a larger coil. I think AT pro packages now come with two coils, may need to look that up to confirm it.

Good Luck!
 
just get an AT pro and forget about it....
 
the ace350 comes with the coil you need but is it worth buying the coil or a new machine that i will leave up to you
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom