High Etiquette 009

Nov 20, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter DISC 3300, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Ace 250, Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all.

Been in the hobby almost 2 years. First detector was a Tracker IV (which I really got a knack for), and the hobby caught my attention enough for me to invest $230 on the Garrett ACE 250. Having owned this detector for about 7-8 months I got some decent use out of it this year. Not quite as much as I wanted, but that will come with time.

What should I know about this detector? How does it stack up to some of the other models like the AT Pro? And if you have used this detector, how deep will it find coins at would you say? For the 7-8 months I have used it I definitely am appreciating the features such as iron discrimination and depth signal. Although I do feel like it may not be the right machine for my wants (or maybe I have not learned it enough). I guess I just don't want to be going around with a detector that will miss the deeper stuff... Please fill me in on what I should know about this detector!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using an Ace 250 for almost a year. My first detector. I have found about a dozen silver coins, 1891 dime oldest, a gold coin pendant, and about a dozen silver rings and 1 gold ring. Plus maybe $250 in clad not to mention dozens of other bits of jewelry and history. I am satisfied with it.
It is considered an entry level detector basically because of the price and other feature limitations. An AT Pro or any other detector in the $500-800 will definitely have more capabilities and should have more depth and more finds.
The key is getting your coil over the right piece of ground that has not been hit in the past, maybe more important than your detector.
I'm currently evaluating getting a larger coil to get more depth or another detector, we'll see. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread