ADDITIONAL TREASURE VALLEY ARTIFACTS

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Western North Carolina at Treasure Valley: A few of items I've found are not native to my area so assume some trading went on with tribes or people from other areas.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 11.24.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 11.23.45 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 11.23.15 AM.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Western NC quartz! Looks like you picked those out of my collection lol. I find stones with the same smooth surface like the dark stone on the bottom right. It's just so much different than the other sides of the stone. Are the dark stones on the right very heavy and dense?

OP
OP
B

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The bottom one is dense and heavy but the top one is thin, archaeologist told me the bottom one was an early artifact because I wasn't sure. Haven't shown top one to an archaeologist.

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've got several items from that black dense material ranging from a couple of inches to 12 or so inches and weighing 3 to 4 pounds. I also found an item in Missouri when I was working there a few years ago made from the same material. I haven't really been looking, but I haven't saw a source from where the stone comes from. Do you have any idea?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread