What's new

Adventures in Half-Dollar Hunting

blueberra

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
257
Reaction score
845
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today, I dumped the dregs of a Loomis box at my local bank. FYI, that box coughed up one 90% Kennedy along with two 40% ones.

After I received my cash from the coin machine (which, btw, stiffed me 50 cents because it only tallied $498), I asked the teller if she had any half dollars or big dollar coins.

She said she'd check the other tellers and returned with two halves. I gave her a dollar and, much to my surprise, I was the new owner of two 90% silver Kennedys.

Though, technically, they weren't found in rolls, I'm going to count them as if they were.
 
Upvote 0
rolls & teller coins always count the same.
I once got Morgans, Peaces dollars and a Franklin from tellers.
 
There are other types of 'adventures' to be had.
Last week I visited a bank to gather some info.
Naturally, when I was finished I asked the teller for any rolls of half dollar coins.
While the teller, who was obviously new, stared at me like I was speaking in a foreign language, the Queen Bee shot me a look of disgust that would otherwise be reserved for seeing a pile of vomit in the parking lot of Vern's Eats on all you can eat chili day, and spat out "We don't have those here!!"
I turned to face my attacker, and the view was directly in line with the first tellers tray, which contained at least 10 half dollars.

I resisted the urge to ask "Oh, you mean the coins like that?", as I could see I was in no win territory.

Besides, they were all obvious clad.
 
Scottw : maybe the Queen Bee was only thinking ROLLS like you asked for, you never mentioned loose ones. Oh well, at least there were NO silvers in her tray.
 
I got the impression she just enjoyed being 'difficult'.
There is so much turnover in jobs like this in my area.
It is too bad, considering I scored 3 full rolls of 40%ers there a few years back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom