Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet.

Check our classified section for used equipment, it is located below our supporting vendor section.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Everyone...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
Hello, Everyone. I stumbled across this website and forum. I love it! I am fairly new to the chase and have some pretty inexpensive equipment. Does anyone have any ideas on a good detector as I get started? I am even good for used equipment if someone has upgraded. Thanks! Chad in North Carolina, USA
Hi, welcome. What is your main idea of detecting, things to find?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Everyone. I stumbled across this website and forum. I love it! I am fairly new to the chase and have some pretty inexpensive equipment. Does anyone have any ideas on a good detector as I get started? I am even good for used equipment if someone has upgraded. Thanks! Chad in North Carolina, USA
Really depends on your budget and where you plan to hunt (old home sites, parks, beach, water,) I'd take a good look at the Nokta Simplex and Minelab Vanquish 440/540 models - Pretty good price for the money and you will want a good trowel or shovel as well as a good pinpointer. - All this can be had for $300-$400 dollars these days and both of those machines are getting the job done. - Buy from a TreasureNet supported vendor as well! Bigboyhobbies

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from New York!
Cover the basics first. Kneepads, gloves, good finds bag, good hand digger and detecting shovel. Then work on getting a handheld pinpointer. After you have the basic equipment, and you have worked on technique, then you can start upgrading your machine. If you want a machine that will work on a wet saltwater sand beach, look at the Garrett Apex, or the Minelab Vanquish line. If you want a dirt and freshwater machine, look at the Nokta Makro Simplex.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet !
Lot's of long time MD's in the forum - it's a great place to learn and ask questions.

You could also check out the "Nokta Simplex" - very affordable and a lot of people really like it.

Good Hunting !

DarkWing65

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So question for all the pros out there. Im in the market for a new machine and was dead set on a NOX 800 but the Deus looks very promising and then now the Deus 2 comes about.
I currently swing a Whites MTX Pro and wanted to upgrade. any suggestions
Rustygold i see you have all three i mention
Dark

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chad welcome to a very fine forum

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not tell us where your at. What you want to find and what is in your budget ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread