What's new

Advice/poll on most important features

Flex68

Full Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2013
Messages
166
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been reading here for about a month, now, trying to decide on what detector to purchase.
I have learned quite a bit, but still feel as though I may be no closer to making a decision....lots to take into account!

For that reason, I am posting to ask for ratings/rankings of what everyone considers the most important features to look for on a MD....in my particular situation, I expect that I will be doing mostly land detecting, with perhaps a couple weeks at the beach each year.
Also thinking that I will be looking to invest around $600 in a detector, with priority on coin shooting, hunting parks, tot lots, old home sites, and a few CW encampments.

With that in mind---- and I hope that is sharing enough info---- how would you rank the importance of the following:


Multiple VLF freq's
Notch discrimination
Manual ground balance
DD versus concentric coil
Waterproof coil
Changing/multiple coils
Other important options I have failed to include?

And, the question that I am sure that everyone is tired of seeing posted (Sorry!):
What detector at or around $600 (new or used) would offer most or all of the above?

Many thanks to all who are willing to respond and offer assistance in my buying decision!
 
Upvote 0
The F2, Ace350, and MXT are single freq. detectors. The only multi freq's in the Tesoro line are the Cibola and Vaquero.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom