affording upgrade

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Anyone pay for there upgrade on just clad and or other finds with there current detector?

After much research, heming, hawing and mind changes I believe I have settled on the M6 as the most affordable and best suited for my needs (beach/wet sand at low tide). I don't plan on getting in the water and having a back lit LED is a priority so I don't really want a dedicated water machine. Salt spray is not really a factor on the west coast of FL either unless I plan on hunting during the hurricane which is the only time you see anyone around here even attempting to surf.

I figure around 600 bucks.

I also figure the Christmas's bonus or some side jobs will have to come into play here or its going to be a few years at the least. Might not even still be available by then.

It is quite temping to whip out the plastic but unfortunately the plastic people dam near own me already.

considered a trade in but having a back up would be nice and or loaner to get a few friends involved. My current ace 250 would be perfect for that.

R

RUDY2003

Murph, I'm gonna do the exact same thing. I'm fonna keep the Ace and with the coming bonus I'm gonna order a M6 too.
Lots of what I read is very positive about the M6 and I like the tone ID.

Keep diggin'...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Guys I heard the M6 is a nice machine good luck and post them pics when you get it! :)

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hello Guys. I own an M6 and have not regretted making that decision. I am finding clad about $42.00 in a little more than a month and some cheap jewlery but did find a nice mens 14k gold chain. I hope you get yours and I am sure you will enjoy the hunting.
HH Roy

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
My friends father has bought 2 detectors on the clad he has got. It helps when you have time to go get all of the clad. I hear nothing but good about the M6.

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I have an M6 and I love it, I did use plastic to buy mine, but what I am doing is aside from my regular payment, I send all the clad I find in as extra payment.....I couldn't wait....had to have it ;D....the M6 will hang right with any other detector out there

OP
OP
M

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
FYI for any manufacture reps that may visit this forum; whites having there instructional videos for there detectors available on line for download played a part in my decision.
This was vary helpful for me.

Maybe by the time I get around to making the upgrade other manufactures will have something similar and my mind could change yet again.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Murph said:
FYI for any manufacture reps that may visit this forum; whites having there instructional videos for there detectors available on line for download played a part in my decision.
This was vary helpful for me.

Maybe by the time I get around to making the upgrade other manufactures will have something similar and my mind could change yet again.

Murph once you deal with whites they are a hard company not to like! :) They bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied as you will find out some day... ;) You may not evr need to deal with another brand if everything clicks for you! :)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Ask the Army which metal detector they trust their life with, and they will say minelab.
My GT will pick things up, inches away from the coil.It's like a blood hound.

Heavy though....

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the good fortune to pick up a gently used MXT recently including the 5.3 and the 4X6 coils all on lower rods and added the 6X10 recently as well. Had a sunray probe also. I'm liking the MXT very much and as I intend to to a bit of prospecting, I think it will do me good. However, as I have been reading the reports, forums, specs and all, I am seriously considering adding an M6 for my wife to use. Especially since the extra coils I have will work with it as well. It appears the the M6 is very similar in performance to the MXT other than not having the prospecting circuit. With that in mind, I'm sure you will really like the M6 when you get one. I do highly recommend the 4X6 eclipse coil for really trashy areas. The difference between that and the 9.5 standard coil is like night and day when moving thru trashy parks. I was amazed.
Good luck and hunt often,
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread