What's new

after 144,000 coins- a 70D!

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After searching roughly $77000 in halfs, we pulled a 1970D on Saturday.

334565007.jpg
 
Upvote 0
markmopar said:
After searching roughly $77000 in halfs, we pulled a 1970D on Saturday.

334565007.jpg
I found mine on Saturday too! After about 168,000 coins searched.
 
Please tell me you didnt search that many to get your first silver. I am just starting CRH, and that would be very disheartening to hear.
 
phew, had me going there. I am new like I said, so Congrats!
 
congrats Mark!
 
The first one is the hard one. Now they will be popping up like crazy haha. Congrats, Mark
 
I've been CRHing for almost 4 months now and I've found one 70 Kennedy half which I found after about 10,000 coins and 3 months of hunting. How about the rest of you? How long have you been looking and how many 70's have you found?
 
I've searched a lot of halves, over 50k, with no 70-D's to my name. =(

Grats on your first one!

~Dave
 
I got 4 70S's and 5 70d's in one bag once, that was a nice day, a couple more here and there.
in fact it was a good thing I checked because at first when I was melting them down I found a 70D in with the rest of my 40s...before I knew they were special...good thing I double checked!
 
Large quantities of halves have passed through my hands, but I have only captured one, single 1970D. Just by sheer statistics, it would seen that another would come along, but so far that hasn't happened for me. They really ARE scarce, at least in my neck of the woods.
- Grizz
 
I got one (70d) last week after searching only $42,500 +/-.
 
I've searched over 50,000 coins and have not seen a 70. I have found a few 87's a 76-s silver and most of the NIFC but no sign of the 70. Maybe in the next 50,000!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom