What's new

After 60 Boxes She Walks Into My Life...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 60 Boxes She 'Walks' Into My Life...

Hello All,

Well, I opened up three boxes today and each box got better and better. The third box was really special for me as it yielded my first Walking Liberty Half which was in really horrible condition (can't make out the date) but I was doing the happy dance nonetheless. :tongue3: Luckily for me, when it rains it pours (both good and bad), and I found her prettier twin sister - a 1942 in very nice condition in addition to 3 Bens. Very strange box if you ask me as it seemed really average through the first 35 rolls which yielded the three 40%ers, then the last 15 rolls produced 3 Bens and 2 Walking Liberty! :laughing7:

Box #1:
[3] 40%ers

Box #2:
[3] 40%ers
[1] '64
[1] 1984 Gold-Plated double-stamped half (1960-1985)

Box #3:
[3] 40%ers
[3] Bens (51S, 57D, 59D)
[2] Walking Liberty (?8S, 42)

After today's score or 15 silvers, I cannot wait to get my other 4 boxes this week!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Attachments

  • mms_picture(9).webp
    mms_picture(9).webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
Re: After 60 Attempts She 'Walks' Into My Life...

congrats! i love finding walkers...
 
Re: After 60 Boxes She 'Walks' Into My Life...

$ilver$urfer,
Great Score! Congrats on the walking ladies!
Steve
 
Re: After 60 Boxes She 'Walks' Into My Life...

can't discern the third digit with a loupe? on that walker?
 
Re: After 60 Boxes She 'Walks' Into My Life...

congrats on your first walker.
I remember my first one I went crazy.
And the fun part is it seems after you get the first one they begin to come pretty fast after that
 
Re: After 60 Boxes She 'Walks' Into My Life...

Nice score! I haven't gotten a Walker in some time now. I used to get more of those than I did Bens but that has changed.
 
Re: After 60 Boxes She 'Walks' Into My Life...

phrostie said:
can't discern the third digit with a loupe? on that walker?

It is really worn but after studying it for a while and looking at the S on the back it is a 1928S (small s variety). :icon_thumleft: Thank you for encouraging me to research it!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: After 60 Boxes She 'Walks' Into My Life...

ugotit22 said:
congrats on your first walker.
I remember my first one I went crazy.
And the fun part is it seems after you get the first one they begin to come pretty fast after that

I really hope you are right man...I got two in that box and I would be the happiest little CRH guy in the world if she or her slightly overweight and bald uncle Ben continue to show up!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom