After Months of Digging, Here’s my Sizable Haul of Treasure

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mentioned previously in another thread, I have been digging at a private residence that has been off limits to outsiders for many years.

Since the focus on here is typically “treasure” I’ll keep in that lane but I’ve found just about every possibly type of antique, rarity and collectible anybody could ever ask for. Rare vinyl records? Yep. Top quality hiking gear? Yes. Excellent fishing and hunting equipment? Absolutely! MCM furniture, jewelry, art, musical instruments, vintage audio gear, maritime gear, vehicles, etc.

this is really not even the tip of the iceberg but figured everyone would like to see some of what I’ve been finding lately.

i Think my favorite thing is that 1710 1/2 daler copper plate money from Sweden. I think it’s the real deal but I’ll have a shop check it out. Most of the reproductions have engravings on the back stating it’s a reproduction.

the big squash blossom is another beautiful piece that needs a good cleaning. Usually squash blossoms are meant to be big statement pieces and this one is giant. That center horseshoe piece covers my palm!

the plates and bowls are all Sterling with some weighted candlesticks and jewelry in the revere pattern bowl.

I’ll be there again this weekend so hopefully I’ll find some more stuff

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpeg
    IMG_1974.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1975.jpeg
    IMG_1975.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1976.jpeg
    IMG_1976.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • 73119856682__A4E2FCA1-3F19-4F93-8474-5C4ECB5716BA.jpeg
    73119856682__A4E2FCA1-3F19-4F93-8474-5C4ECB5716BA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine living in 18th century Sweden and you go to a coffee shop and the coffee lady says "that'll be 2 dollars please." And you pull out your wallet and give her a solid copper plate.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine living in 18th century Sweden and you go to a coffee shop and the coffee lady says "that'll be 2 dollars please." And you pull out your wallet and give her a solid copper plate.
Imagine being “rich” at that time and walking around with a decent size wallet full of cash. Was is fashionable for men to have a small wheelbarrow in order to have a few hundred Dalers on hand?

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mentioned previously in another thread, I have been digging at a private residence that has been off limits to outsiders for many years.

Since the focus on here is typically “treasure” I’ll keep in that lane but I’ve found just about every possibly type of antique, rarity and collectible anybody could ever ask for. Rare vinyl records? Yep. Top quality hiking gear? Yes. Excellent fishing and hunting equipment? Absolutely! MCM furniture, jewelry, art, musical instruments, vintage audio gear, maritime gear, vehicles, etc.

this is really not even the tip of the iceberg but figured everyone would like to see some of what I’ve been finding lately.

i Think my favorite thing is that 1710 1/2 daler copper plate money from Sweden. I think it’s the real deal but I’ll have a shop check it out. Most of the reproductions have engravings on the back stating it’s a reproduction.

the big squash blossom is another beautiful piece that needs a good cleaning. Usually squash blossoms are meant to be big statement pieces and this one is giant. That center horseshoe piece covers my palm!

the plates and bowls are all Sterling with some weighted candlesticks and jewelry in the revere pattern bowl.

I’ll be there again this weekend so hopefully I’ll find some more stuff
Dang! Awesome man. Congrats. Those are some real treasures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions