After seven years (?) more silver at silver farm!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
If any of you were around seven or eight years ago (I could look it up, but I'm too lazy), I wrote often about the "silver farm," an old local farm with lots of vacation cottages on it. Back in the day, I found over 100 silver coins, over 400 wheats, jewelry, lots of sinkers, you name it there. I ran into the owners recently (at my mother-in-law's viewing) and their question was,"Where have you been?" That's always nice! So I run over there when I have a few minutes, like today:tongue3:. In an area where I've searched before, I found a flurry of signals. Two screw cap lids, a key and suddenly I had a pretty decent signal, but not pure. It didn't stink that I saw the lovely shine of silver quarter! I ran the coil over the hole and still got a signal; "maybe a wheat." No, it wasn't; it was a Merc! Still a signal and another! It's been a loooonng time since I got multiple silvers in a hole. The Mercs look like they were dropped yesterday; wish one was a 16D! 44 and 45, actually. Nice to really be back at the silver farm!

Attachments

• threehits.jpg
    threehits.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 24

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver farm pays off again. Are you using a different detector now? might have to run over that whole area again.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver, congrats :icon_thumright:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it certainly was a great return to an old site,always return to productive places. Congrats on three fine silvers.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!, 7 years huh, that's awesome!

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Hello HalfDime,I do recall your tales of the Silver Farm,they say you never get it all,many are of the opinion that coins move around when the ground freezes and thaws? Roots grow and move things? It might have been that the multiple coins nulled each other out and you were left with an uninteresting signal,Ive gone back to places and always find more no matter how much you hunt,hh...shoot

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And certainly some nice looking silvers as well! :occasion14:

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow !....talk about a spot that keeps producing,nice going..

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hello HalfDime,I do recall your tales of the Silver Farm,they say you never get it all,many are of the opinion that coins move around when the ground freezes and thaws? Roots grow and move things? It might have been that the multiple coins nulled each other out and you were left with an uninteresting signal,Ive gone back to places and always find more no matter how much you hunt,hh...shoot

Lots of variables; it may be that I did that area in the summer, when the soil was dry, or that I was distracted by my (then) young children. I do believe that winter changes things also. Hopefully I'll have the chance to report further on my negligence of years gone by!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a nice silver spill! I have yet to find one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread