What's new

Agatized coral knife

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess that's what you'd call this little Guy.
I love the material..if this had been fire treated it would be China white.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool material! :icon_thumright:
 
very pretty blade...I like the comparison photo of what it looks like with and without light behind it....is that a recent find?...thanks for sharing Gator.
 
Thanks guys
 
dude, I swear I have seen this before, did you post this earlier or am I going nuts? lol
 
Your not nuts..LOL. I was re-aranging a bit and started looking at this one again...so I posted.
 
i like agate anything, especially points. why do you think coral anyway?...is that really really common down there in swamp ape land?
 
Haha.. yes ..I wouldn't say really common as in the whole state.. but certain areas have fossil/agate..(Miocene) coral formations and it was utilized alot by certain groups especially during the archaic period here...alot of it was heat treated also.
 
nice stuff, I way prefer that to obsidian, great for lithics to be sure, but boring as all get out. I love a nice variegated jasper too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom