pjroo33
Hero Member
- Joined
- Oct 28, 2007
- Messages
- 631
- Reaction score
- 90
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:I think it is a fouled anchor with a rope and not a serpent, also part of the rope crosses in front of the anchor instead of behind it, unlike the photo in Albert's book. I am not sure if it is a more modern blazer button or a Brit button I am not familiar with.
Don



Montana Jim said:I HATE trying to ID navy anchors because NO other button in history has been so copied and duplicated... it seems to me.
If it was mine I would consider this a sport coat or otherwise civilian uniform button.
See my example of Waterbury's anchor button Pattern #05070, which is a high domed anchor button that closely resembles your find with an "exact" likness of the anchor although the outer rim varies in addiiton to your button being flat.
http://www.waterburybutton.com/user-cgi/patterns.cgi?catg=Career Uniform&subcatg=Anchors&id=913
Or... compare to this, what I think IS your button...
![]()
http://www.waterburybutton.com/user-cgi/patterns.cgi?catg=Career Uniform&subcatg=Anchors&id=211