invent4hir
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2017
- Messages
- 2,316
- Reaction score
- 3,897
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i & DFX
- Primary Interest:
- Other
All, I found this button made of shell (I think) on top of the ground about 4 feet from where I dug this one-piece button. Other things dug in the vicinity were a LC, several other one-piece buttons, and a Scovill button - to name a few. The stone house that once stood there was built before 1818 and torn down in the late 1930s. Any help w/ the age would be appreciated. Thanks.

. That little button is the one artifact I'm keeping in my collection from that property - the rest went to the historical society. Best of luck detecting - can't wait to see you next great find.
I found (what I think) is the left half of one of those at my last permission. Cleaned it up, painted it w/ Rust Reformer, and gave it to the owner (a local park district), along w/ a bunch of other iron goodies. Hope you have success today. Just heard it pour rain here - so not much chance of me going out this AM. But we needed the rain more than I needed to detect!







