B boojababy Full Member Joined Mar 21, 2016 Messages 190 Reaction score 222 Golden Thread 0 Location Minnesota Detector(s) used Bounty hunter gold digger Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 19, 2018 #1 I didn't find this metal detecting, It's in my attic, I was wondering if anyone could date the wiring for me and tell me what kind of wiring it is and what the switch is for. the 2nd photo is what is circled in the first photo. The roof is on the other side. Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
I didn't find this metal detecting, It's in my attic, I was wondering if anyone could date the wiring for me and tell me what kind of wiring it is and what the switch is for. the 2nd photo is what is circled in the first photo. The roof is on the other side.
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,554 Reaction score 7,441 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 19, 2018 #2 I would say they were installed around 1910 to the 1940s. I also have one in the attic. My house was built around 1915. Last edited: Mar 20, 2018 Upvote 0
I would say they were installed around 1910 to the 1940s. I also have one in the attic. My house was built around 1915.
A Anduril Bronze Member Joined Aug 31, 2015 Messages 1,239 Reaction score 1,602 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used Garrett GTI-2500 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 19, 2018 #3 It's what's left of a Perkins porcelain light switch. Circa 1910. Upvote 0
against the wind Platinum Member Joined Jul 27, 2015 Messages 24,896 Reaction score 24,983 Golden Thread 0 Location Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania Detector(s) used E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 19, 2018 #4 Does it lead to the table in the laboratory in the basement.? Upvote 0
BosnMate Gold Member Joined Sep 10, 2010 Messages 6,942 Reaction score 8,441 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro Primary Interest: Other Mar 19, 2018 #5 Knob and tube wiring. Probably ought to think about replacing it with more modern wiring. Upvote 0
B boojababy Full Member Joined Mar 21, 2016 Messages 190 Reaction score 222 Golden Thread 0 Location Minnesota Detector(s) used Bounty hunter gold digger Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 19, 2018 Thread Owner #6 Cool, thanks for the info. Upvote 0
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 20, 2018 #7 tell me what kind of wiring it is and what the switch is for Click to expand... It turns my foyer light on & off! Please stop switching it! Upvote 0
tell me what kind of wiring it is and what the switch is for Click to expand... It turns my foyer light on & off! Please stop switching it!