What's new

Airplane Badge/Fob(SOLVED)

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,371
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted this on "Today's Finds", should have posted here first. I know I have seen this scene before, but where? Looks to be Pre-WW1, possibly a French monoplane. About 1 and a 1/2" tall, stamped copper, thin, no markings on back.
 

Attachments

  • Airplane Badge.webp
    Airplane Badge.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 399
Re: Airplane Badge/Fob

My guess is that it's something to do with Bleriot's first flight over the English channel in July of 1909 .......very cool

bleriot crossing.webp


bleriot.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Airplane Badge/Fob

I think it's an awesome find Carl :notworthy:
Pity I can't spot the reference on that link :icon_scratch:
Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: Airplane Badge/Fob

curbdiggercarl57 said:
trikikiwi said:
Good call Jerry :icon_thumright:

Google image shows this up as a Bleriot Fob - Very cool too :thumbsup:



from http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/transportation/aviation.htm
but I have scanned that page 3 times and can't pinpoint it :icon_scratch:

Mike

I spent over an hour trying to research it on Google, I knew it had to be there. Thank you so much, it was driving me crazy.
Carl

No comment Carl. :wink: Great ID, Jerry. :icon_thumright: And great followup with the pic Mike.

I don't want to go to 'Today's Finds' Carl. Where'd you get it?

Not that I'm lazy, but if I see another, "NICE FIND. WTG!" *Tasmanian Devil with an MD* I'm going to jump in the river.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Airplane Badge/Fob

That is a very cool relic .. Congrats on the find!

Nice research and great ID, too! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Airplane Badge/Fob

Likely Guy said:
curbdiggercarl57 said:
trikikiwi said:
Good call Jerry :icon_thumright:

Google image shows this up as a Bleriot Fob - Very cool too :thumbsup:



from http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/transportation/aviation.htm
but I have scanned that page 3 times and can't pinpoint it :icon_scratch:

Mike

I spent over an hour trying to research it on Google, I knew it had to be there. Thank you so much, it was driving me crazy.
Carl

No comment Carl. :wink: Great ID, Jerry. :icon_thumright: And great followup with the pic Mike.

I don't want to go to 'Today's Finds' Carl. Where'd you get it?

Not that I'm lazy, but if I see another, "NICE FIND. WTG!" *Tasmanian Devil with an MD* I'm going to jump in the river.

I found it at a spot that a buddy turned me on to a year or so ago. The finds are getting few and far between there, but the ground is flat, soil soft, and you don't have to constantly look around in fear for strange people. I hunted for little over an hour, finding nothing decent. I walked down to the creek to visit a tree, (the site's out in the middle of nowhere), and while I was crawling out of the weeds, I saw it on the ground. It was pretty encrusted, almost everything found there is. You can see where I bent it slightly, happened during cleaning.
Carl
 
Upvote 0
I just noticed this great ID!

CurbdiggerCarl,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear.
 
Upvote 0
Fantatsic find ! Exellent ID !
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom