What's new

Al Capone’s condom tin?

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
9,427
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sidewalk tear out gave up an unusual find. It appears to be an old tin of some sort. Seems kind of small for condoms but that’s my best guess. It sounds like it has liquid inside but who knows what might be in there...?

So, what what do you think I should do? Crack it open? Try to clean the rust off? Sell it to the Smithsonian?

F1760A3A-9147-4017-9181-842214387B6A.webp
96BDDD86-AA49-437B-A24C-CF790F96CA1F.webp
 
I May be swayed because I’ve been having a blast all weekend shooting my newly inherited black powder shotgun but looks just like my tin for percussion caps
 
Upvote 0
Looks about the right size anyway

th.webp
 
Upvote 0
It may be a bubble gum tin, I found a similar one a few years ago at a one-room school site. :icon_scratch:
After tumbling it for 48hrs, the details finally started to emerge.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • WP_20171118_13_28_15_Rich_LI (2).webp
    WP_20171118_13_28_15_Rich_LI (2).webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 94
  • WP_20171228_15_21_02_Pro (2).webp
    WP_20171228_15_21_02_Pro (2).webp
    179.1 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
It may be an old phonograph needle tin, similar to this one:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 6.16.52 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 6.16.52 AM.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 6.17.14 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 6.17.14 AM.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
It may be a bubble gum tin, I found a similar one a few years ago at a one-room school site. :icon_scratch:
After tumbling it for 48hrs, the details finally started to emerge.

Dave

That bubble gum tin is really neat!
 
Upvote 0
Nice find Squirrel, and great pics folks! For this to have been Al Capone's you would have to have gotten it from Heraldo Riviera. LOL!
 
Upvote 0
Nah... too big...

Heard he was hung like a squirrel.

:P
 
Upvote 0
Remember that Capone had serious problems with syphilis so I don’t think he even used them....at least not all the time obviously!
 
Upvote 0
:laughing7:
I May be swayed because I’ve been having a blast all weekend shooting my newly inherited black powder shotgun but looks just like my tin for percussion caps
I’ll stop by and we can take turns shooting at it
 
Upvote 0
Number 11 cap tin was my first thought as well, too small to be musket caps, just sayin
 
Upvote 0
Nah... too big...

Heard he was hung like a squirrel.

:P

Sounds like you know what your talking about buddy?
Is that from experience or have you been surfing the internet again. :laughing7:
Dave


That bubble gum tin is really neat!

The only reason I kept it, was because I thought it might have a couple of old silvers stored in it... but it was empty.
sadsmiley.png
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I doubt it was Al Capone's, one of his causes of death was syphilis.
 
Upvote 0
I think all of Al Capone's condom tins ended up in Geraldo Rivera's vault.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom