Alabama Gold Camp

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well the snow has got the best of me! my friend (Leonard Leeper of Colorado) called me and said,"lets get something going somewhere warm." so i said lets look into the Alabama gold camp in Cragsford Alabama. i was there about 7 years ago and had fun now its really built up into a nice place. so in about a couple of weeks we are planning to go there for a week or two.unless mother nature decides differently!we will bring his popup and his 4 inch dredge and probly camp in the primitive area. theyre video tour of the camp was great to show the improvements theyve made over the years.well, heres hopeing!~

i contacted a few guys down that way and they said to give them a hoot when we get plans firmed up. i sure wish i could see Lonnie and miner Mike again, but i dont think thatll happen there. they could tell you stories untill the birds started chirping at first light,and then have more for the next night! and ole Mike can sure eat!!haha

I went down there for the first time this past August. Had a great time, except for the fireants! Miner Mike can eat?? LOL! We went and had those to-die-for pork chops with him one evening. I made the mistake of ordering the same thing he did, but I had dinner covered for the next night!

Have fun and post a report!

k-

I think you will enjoy the AGC. The weather here has really turned warm(70 to 75) last week. The water will still be a little chilly if you are dredging, but the piles for highbanking and panning are nice. Miner Mike is not there , but the new guys and Jeff( the owner) will make you feel welcome. Good luck!!

Where did miner mike go? I was talking to him about finding gold outside of the camp, is he no longer affiliated with agc?

prospectordamon said:
Where did miner mike go? I was talking to him about finding gold outside of the camp, is he no longer affiliated with agc?

Mike will be at the Buchanan property on the 16th of this month for the Phoenix City Gold Grubbers outting.

rebel003 said:
prospectordamon said:

Mike will be at the Buchanan property on the 16th of this month for the Phoenix City Gold Grubbers outting.
i got a email from someone awhile back stateing that Mike had passed away! i dont have that pertantant info anymore but was this a bad joke or is there another Miner Mike?? but they did say that he passed and was the prez od the PCGG. i hope it wasnt true!

russau said:
rebel003 said:
prospectordamon said:

i got a email from someone awhile back stateing that Mike had passed away! i dont have that pertantant info anymore but was this a bad joke or is there another Miner Mike?? but they did say that he passed and was the prez od the PCGG. i hope it wasnt true!
I got the same info,Russ,that Miner Mike had passed.

Russ,there may have been two Miner Mikes.There was a Miner Mike in Springfield,Mo,that donated a nugget to our gold group here one year,remember?It may have been him that we received the passing info on???

Miner Mike is alive and kicking! Mike is the Vice president of the Phenix City Gold Grubbers, He will be teaching a class on how to read a stream at the PCGG outing this Saturday at the Buchanan, GA farm claim. We will also have a special guest speaker on hand, Steve Phillips will have a Q&A session and talk about his time gold mining in Alaska and relic hunting. The outing starts at 8:30AM EST this Saturday the 16th at the Farm Claim, Hope to see you there!

Adam Broach
Secretary, PCGG

Glad to see Miner Mike is well !!
MinerMike's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back