ALL ABOUT CONTEXT! C-O-N-T-E-X-T!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start off by saying my knowledge of monumenting and marking is mostly limited to Colonial Spanish and Jesuit. When it comes to KGC, Phoenician, Minoan, Goonies, etc, my knowledge is limited and I don't mind admitting it. The subject of this thread though, will apply to EVERY generation and/or civilization. It is a simple little word ......... context.

The world press has made a living for many years by taking a person's statement and printing only a part of it. The part they print means something COMPLETELY different than the quote in its entirety. Even one word can take a statement completely out of context. Say for instance I say that "I am very happy with the progress AIDS research has made in the gay community." Let's say that someone in the press doesn't like me, so they remove ONE WORD of my statement, and run with the headline "MIKE WANTS GAYS TO DIE!" They prove it by quoting me as saying "I am very happy with the progress AIDS has made in the gay community." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA One word makes me a monster. How about if I say "The Nazis believed that every Jew should go to the ovens," and I am quoted as saying "Every Jew should go to the ovens!" Technically, I did say that, but I was not fully quoted, and my statement was taken waaaaay out of context!

Treasure/Location/Travel/etc markings and monuments have the very same problem. CONTEXT

I know that if I am following a trail of Colonial Spanish Monuments/Markings, and I see a number "7" carved into a rock:

jupm.jpg

Then I know that there will be a protected campsite nearby:

uijp.jpg

I know this for a couple of reasons:

1. I know what the number 7 meant to the Spanish when it was carved into a rock.
2. I know that all the monuments before and after this one were Spanish in origin.

If I were following a trail of Jesuit Monuments, finding the context might not be so easy. In the case of the Spanish, we mostly know what their monuments/markings meant. This is not so with the Jesuits. Contrary to what some people on this and other forums might say, NOBODY has figured out any Jesuit Coding System. It just hasn't happened. If they had, they would be typing their posts from the Chalet in the Swiss Alps. I can also state with reasonable certainty that the Jesuits themselves don't know their own coding system. I know this as well because:

Myself and some very few other have spent an inordinate amount of time studying everything having to do with the Jesuit Order. We know its history, we know the players, we can translate their documents, we have read all the travel journals of the Colonial Jesuit Mission Priests, and more importantly, we know what the Jesuits have not done since their reinstatement in 1814: THEY HAVE NOT RECOVERED THEIR WEALTH!

If the Jesuits knew all their own codes and symbolism, then we would have NEVER seen this article in a newspaper clipping:

THE BAY OF PLENTY TIMES 29 JULY 1891 BURIED TREASURE RIO.gif

The Jesuits (as an Order) were reestablished in 1814. This article was written in 1891. Why in the 77 years the Order had been reinstated, hadn't they come back for $70,000,000 in Spanish Gold Dollars, Gold Dust, and Bars? Most likely because they lost those secrets when their Order was suppressed between 1759 and 1773.

To make a long story short, NOBODY has broken the so called "JESUIT CODE". We can make several assumptions based on what we know about the Jesuits and their Priests, but very little rock solid evidence.

So, know who made your sign and when it was made. That is the ONLY way you may be able to figure out the context of its REAL meaning. No signs/symbols were stuck in the middle of the wilderness all by themselves. There will be a trail of monuments leading both up to and away from whatever you have found. Find them, and it may help you to figure out their origin, and with that, their true meaning.

Best - Mike

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
... The Jesuits (as an Order) were reestablished in 1814. This article was written in 1891. Why in the 77 years the Order had been reinstated, hadn't they come back for $70,000,000 in Spanish Gold Dollars, Gold Dust, and Bars? Most likely because they lost those secrets when their Order was suppressed between 1759 and 1773.

To make a long story short, NOBODY has broken the so called "JESUIT CODE". We can make several assumptions based on what we know about the Jesuits and their Priests, but very little rock solid evidence.

So, know who made your sign and when it was made. That is the ONLY way you may be able to figure out the context of its REAL meaning...

Yes, why indeed have the Jesuits not recovered their vast hoards? Very good question. Your speculation (perhaps a bit out of c-o-n-t-e-x-t [haha]) is that they forgot where they put those darned gold bars? Really?

I submit another theory: they didn't have any gold bars to lose. At least not that belonged to the Church of Rome.

More: there isn't a Jesuit Code, any more than there was a King's Code. However, there is an Organizational Code and some Jesuits were likely players in that organization. As were (are) key powerful people through the centuries who were bound by their own code but active in many fields: financial, political, religious and military. The clues' meanings are multi-layered and dynamic. Above all, they are diversionary. When the code is rarely broken, it's allowed to be broken.

The newspaper article is rousing, as are many 'treasure' clippings from that era. Do you know for certain that the details are verifiable as presented?

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I understand, it is against t-net rules, to alter someone's quote so that it says something he didn't say/mean.
You can report the posts and ask they be removed. That should fix that.
I'd also say, don't let the small minded get to you, either!

Stay safe out there, good luck, and report back any and all woodpecker Sasquatches, please! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't speaking about anything I said in particular being taken out of context. I was speaking in general terms about how important getting the proper context is when it comes to determining the meaning of a monument or marker found.

Take our number 7 for instance. In my case it was purely Colonial Spanish. It meant exactly what a Colonial Spanish "7" carved into a rock outcropping would mean (as proven by the protected campsite nearby). Every one of the other monuments and markers along the trail to this one, and from this one to the end were ALL Spanish in origin. If the Jesuits would have carved that number 7, it would NEVER have meant the same thing as a Spanish 7. The Jesuits were trying to hide what they had FROM the Spanish, so they would never have made a marker that the Spanish could have understood (unless it was made to send them off in the completely wrong direction).

C-O-N-T-E-X-T. Who Carved It? When Was It Carved? How Is It Presented? What Does It Mean? If you can't figure those questions out, you may be chasing your tail for many years!

Best - Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread