What's new

All day hunt wit two nice keepers ( worth it )

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all hope you've all been out swinging in this nice fall weather I was out this weekend with fellow Hunter Bart T we had a beautiful Sunday the weather was great the hunting was great and the site was productive my partner found a bunch of good coins I had two keepers all day the first was right away a great condition kg2 halfpenny
Later I found a beutiful copper cross with wooden inlay it has to be teak or some old hardwood to have survived in the ground this long it appears to be very old I found it at an old rev war site
Right near where I found the ring I posted on sat. Thanks for looking hh GL eastcoast image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 24
Wow!!! That cross is a incredible find!! Least it would be to me. :thumbup:
 
Your coin is a Farthing, but not a bad thing as they turn up far less than the halfpennies.
 
wow nice coins and cross:occasion14:
 
Great find Charlie. Those farthings aren't all that common. And pulling a date is always a sweet thing. Nice work
 
I've prob found close to 30 half pennies and only one farthing. Not sure why they seem to be so scarce but they are. That cross is really a neat old find. Especially with that wood that survived. Teak is prob a good guess. Very few woods could survive like that
 
that cross is just beautiful.congrats on the farthing too !!!nice hunt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom