What's new

"All of our coins come brand-new from the FEDS"

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
"All of our coins come brand-new from the FEDS"

Opened up an account with an independent bank yesterday, after it was confirmed that they would order boxes for me.
After the paperwork was signed the manager remarked that "all of their coin orders come directly from the FED and that they are always brand-new". I questioned her on this, and she held her ground on the fact.
I wonder if I should test the water and order a box? It does no good to grab the hand rolls here 'cause the head teller is a collector, and is fully aware of what's what, including her finds of "clad silver". FFD
 
Upvote 0
Re: "All of our coins come brand-new from the FEDS"

Hell, order a few boxes, if they are all new coins sell the entire box unopened on ebay like the ones that people posted links to. If I remember the last one I saw was an unopened new penny box that sold for $38 with a $10 s/h!!!! :icon_pirat: ;D

Seriously I would like to try it and see if any suckers will bite. :tongue3:

I just found this unopened 2008d penny CWI box selling for $32 & $12.20 s/h: ;D
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-D-PENNIES-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Or these 2 unopened 2008p & 2008d penny CWI boxes selling for $102.50 & $10.95 s/h: ;D
http://cgi.ebay.com/50-BU-ROLLS-EAC...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: "All of our coins come brand-new from the FEDS"

All coin comes from the Fed branchs indirectly. The mint ships to the Fed and the Fed distributes the coin. However, no bank can directly order from the Fed. The banks order from carriers (Loomis, Brinks, Dunbar, Garda, etc.) The carriers in turn pull from their reserve. Once their reserve is exhausted, they are then replenished from the Fed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom