What's new

Allendale blade

willjo

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
2,037
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found half in 2016 and other half in 2017, the material was pretty rough that is most likely why it broke while the knaper was making it. 100_4905.webp Little over 6 inches long.
 
Upvote 0
Always cool to reunite parts into the whole picture, thanks for showing it!
 
FANTASTIC! Still looking on the Kansas River for the other part of my Agate Knife. You give me hope that it is possible. Thank you. God bless.Knife1.webpKnife2.webpKnife3.webpknife4.webp
 
Great find willjo :thumbsup: what is that type of stone, it does look a little rough with a lot of inclusions.
 
Great find willjo :thumbsup: what is that type of stone, it does look a little rough with a lot of inclusions.

It is Coastal plain chert, some of it is slick as glass and some like this was poor quality.
 
Great save wiljo. I have only did that one time in 51 years of hunting and I found both pieces within 35 feet of each other and within minutes of each other on the bank of the Ohio River. I found one piece up high and the other by the water line.
 
Very cool that you found the other half. I have something I'd like to find the other half to and hope to someday.
 
Very cool that you found the other half. I have something I'd like to find the other half to and hope to someday.

It is possible we found a base and point around 20 years later.
 
:laughing3: "Reunited and it feels so good...."
 
I think I've found both halves two or three times but they weren't six inch Allendales. Nice finds.
 
Nice save willjo!
 
Great save!
HH
dts
 
Great find!! A large point/blade is on my wish list. All I have is halves. Tony
 
Nice save on that one. Wish I could find the other half of any I find. I got tubs of broken ones.
 
Nice Willjo,
I posted 3 blades we put back together too, I think you have seen those. I keep everything I find on my site as well. That is a nice long knife!
Will get back to you on the rocks I have been working a lot and have not time to get anything together.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom