What's new

Almost gave up

dirt diver

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
IA
Detector(s) used
Lone Star
Almost gave up'

I started on Monday buying 4 rolls of halves each afternoon and hadn't found anything. I told myself that everything I was getting had already been gone through and I wasn't going to do it anymore. For some reason I pulled into the bank anyway and got three rolls. When I got home the latest issue of Fur Fish and Game had came in and I was going to read it first but the rolls kept calling my name. On the last roll I finely found one 40%. Now I'm hooked, back to the bank tomorrow afternoon.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Almost gave up'

Congratulations on the find, how's the fur prices this year?
 
Re: Almost gave up'

Not good due to the slump in the world mkt.
 
Re: Almost gave up'

Congrats on the silver and back in the game.
 
Re: Almost gave up'

dirt diver said:
I started on Monday buying 4 rolls of halves each afternoon and hadn't found anything. I told myself that everything I was getting had already been gone through and I wasn't going to do it anymore. For some reason I pulled into the bank anyway and got three rolls. When I got home the latest issue of Fur Fish and Game had came in and I was going to read it first but the rolls kept calling my name. On the last roll I finely found one 40%. Now I'm hooked, back to the bank tomorrow afternoon.
F-F-G magazine, love it, subscriber scince I was a teen, I'm 47 now. Heard 'rats were bringing a dollar ea. this season, 3 years ago it was $9 here in Mich.
 
Re: Almost gave up'

Sometimes one is all it takes. congrats.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Almost gave up'

Same here on FFG - great mag!
Lew & Charlie always found silver in their change!
 
Re: Almost gave up'

I was a fur buyer for 15 years, had some good years & some bad ones, don't buy anymore, but still trap.
 
Re: Almost gave up'

Fistfulladirt said:
dirt diver said:
I started on Monday buying 4 rolls of halves each afternoon and hadn't found anything. I told myself that everything I was getting had already been gone through and I wasn't going to do it anymore. For some reason I pulled into the bank anyway and got three rolls. When I got home the latest issue of Fur Fish and Game had came in and I was going to read it first but the rolls kept calling my name. On the last roll I finely found one 40%. Now I'm hooked, back to the bank tomorrow afternoon.
F-F-G magazine, love it, subscriber scince I was a teen, I'm 47 now. Heard 'rats were bringing a dollar ea. this season, 3 years ago it was $9 here in Mich.

Back in the 70's when my dad and brother used to trap they would get $2 for muskrats, $25 for fox, I think $10 for raccoons. I remember one time helping them check the traps and my brother had caught a catfish in one of his muskrat traps. He got quite a teasing for that.
 
Re: Almost gave up'

good find
DW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom