What's new

Almost went hunting on a public beach until.....

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
2,540
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I read the sign.

Look at the right side of the restrictions list. This sign is located in Florida on Singer Island. I guess the city of Riviera Beach controls the beach. I should have looked into this to find out if it was for all the beaches or just this one but my enthusiam was at a bit of a low point after reading this sign and we were only there for a short stay. Singer Island is in Palm Beach County on the East Coast of Florida. I should have done a bit more research and not assumed anything. Lesson learned.

No Surfing, NO Fishing, NO Metal Detecting etc... By the way that particular beach did not have many people on it. Go figure.

Ray S ECenFL
 

Attachments

  • Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,683
  • Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,668
Upvote 0
So they won't let people metal detect because of the fear or sprayng sand ( :icon_scratch:), but getting smacked in the face by a frisbee or volleyball is a perfectly acceptable risk.

Do these clowns ever review these rules before making them law????

And no surfing? On the beach? For crying out loud!!!!!
 
davebien said:
I have a time share on Singer Island at the Marriott (for about 7 yrs now). Singer is NOT Riviera Beach. That sign, I think if I'm not wrong, is by the stripmall. I don't think RB has any highrises like in the background of the pic. Like was stated Riviera Beach IS a high crime area. Singer is not. I wouldn't MD in RB any time. But I must admit I don't know what the rules are on Singer.

PS: A bit of history... the site of the current Marriott was the site of the motel that Lloyd Bridges' charactor worked out of in "Sea Hunt". LOL

This sign is just north of Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas. 181 Ocean Avenue, Plam Beach Shores.
When I say just north, I mean right there on the beach next to the Resorts property. This particular portion of the beach is designated as a City Beach on the Google map. Why the sign states City of Riviera Beach is anyones guess.


http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...r=Palm+Beach+Shores,+Palm+Beach,+Florida&z=14
 
The last time I was here and hunted the water, I observed the Police escort several dry sand hunters out of there.
 
Kind dove takes the fun out of going to the Beach, doesin it!!!
 
They left out "No firearms".You could go do some target practice.
I can't see the bottom of the sign.Some of these beach signs list
a ton of things you can't do,then end it by saying"Have Fun".
Not likely.I think this could be challanged legally,at least in the
part of the beach that is state land.HH,somewhere else,Joe
 
finderzzs said:
The last time I was here and hunted the water, I observed the Police escort several dry sand hunters out of there.

They must not have anything better to do than to sit around all day and keep a sharp lookout for shady characters disturbing the peace! I bet some little old grouchy "the world owes me" so and so with IBS sit there and just waits to call somebody in because they don't have anyone else's life to mess up! I better stop before I get into moderator territory...
 
Hopefully they get ALL the oil since the beach there is useless anyway...
 
thats B.S. i use to live in WPB and i use to swim at singer island all the time... i say go detect the beach until someone says something and then just play dumb. like you didnt know about the rule.. its a lame rule anyway.
 
Looking at the sat pic that wide beach area is behind a strip mall and that's the start of the City of Riviera Beach, to the north. South of the mall is Palm Beach Shores. A whole different world from Riviera Beach.
 
might as well put NO NOTHING ALLOWED................no looking at the water, no breathing the air,no looking at the sand.....NO NOTHING :icon_pirat:
HH..............anywhere but that beach
Steve
 
should read this beach is for rich "uppity" old folks to lay on and sun tan --and for folks that swin within 5 yads of shore only -- games are allowed for our grandkids to play only

all others stay away.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom