What's new

Almost went hunting on a public beach until.....

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
2,540
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I read the sign.

Look at the right side of the restrictions list. This sign is located in Florida on Singer Island. I guess the city of Riviera Beach controls the beach. I should have looked into this to find out if it was for all the beaches or just this one but my enthusiam was at a bit of a low point after reading this sign and we were only there for a short stay. Singer Island is in Palm Beach County on the East Coast of Florida. I should have done a bit more research and not assumed anything. Lesson learned.

No Surfing, NO Fishing, NO Metal Detecting etc... By the way that particular beach did not have many people on it. Go figure.

Ray S ECenFL
 

Attachments

  • Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,683
  • Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    Riviera Beach Resized.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,668
Upvote 0
I could've swore that only private beaches, which are few & far in between, are able to intact that rule?
That stinks...

Bran <><
 
can you find out if you might need a permit.. one beach I hunt I have to have a permit for it .. which I have.
 
No swimming either ? might as well included that to no wonder the beach is empty :icon_scratch:
 
I prefer go overseas to metal detecting. In that sign there is 16 don't do

1. Don't drink beer
2. No pets, include myself
3. Diving
4. Fire
5. Fishing
6. Glassware
7. Hard or pointed object
9. Littering
10. Loud music
11. Metal detecting
12. Sand Throwing
13. Solicitation
14. Surfing
15. Umbrellas?
16. Vehicles

The 17 should be " No illegal immigration beach user"!!

:icon_thumright:
 
Wow that beach sucks! They took everything worth a crap away....... Kinda pointless now
 
It should say at the bottom (This is your beach enjoy it!)
 
Just an FYI, on this beach you can hunt in the water and up in the wet sand, just not on dry. According to the lifeguard captain, beach goers complained about getting sand in their faces by diggers. That's what I was told. I have hunted here though in the water.
 
Thats what happens when you have a bunch of affluent, narrow minded, better than thou, nose in the air people existing in the confines of their upscale beachfront condos in their own "little" world. I guess they can make their own rules and regulations. Seems to me it ought to be illegal for them to not allow detecting, fishing, diving and surfing on a public beach. Whats next? No swimming or no bikinis or here's one better-
The beach is for your viewing pleasure only, please stay off the sand and don't go near the water.
Violators will be icon_hunter.gif

godisnum1 said:
I could've swore that only private beaches, which are few & far in between, are able to intact that rule?
That stinks...

Bran <><
That's what I thought too, besides State Parks which may or may not allow it depending upon the Park Ranger in charge and of course National Parks located on the beach which are always off limits.



billinstuart said:
Remember, it's Riviera Beach, crime central. Be VERY careful there!
Yes but it's Singer Island, a whole different world.
 

Attachments

  • icon_hunter.gif
    icon_hunter.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,537
I sure hope they never need to add this one to the list: "No Oil Slicks Allowed" :o
 
That is easy to fix, don't go to the city of Riviera Beach. I would send them an email advising them that after seeing what is prohibited at their local beach you will not be scheduling your company's convention there, but will instead move it to a more friendly location.
 
eggzachery. tell the chamber of commerce that you'll never set foot in one of their hotels, restuarants, game rooms or any other money making townie thing.

They'll probably tell you; "Good, we don't want your types here anyway".
 
This is what I saw: :o
rivierabeachnew.jpg
 
SYKO said:
This is what I saw: :o
rivierabeachnew.jpg

You might be right because the two days I was there I did not see any body on the beach, just some guy putting out a bunch of beach chairs that no one used.
 
If there was nobody on the beach why would you want to hunt there :icon_scratch:
 
finderzzs said:
Just an FYI, on this beach you can hunt in the water and up in the wet sand, just not on dry. According to the lifeguard captain, beach goers complained about getting sand in their faces by diggers. That's what I was told. I have hunted here though in the water.

I would tell the lifequard (which sounds like he has an easy job since nobody uses the beach) that they need have a rule against kids playing in the sand because they throw sand and it is getting in everyone's face. They need to have a rule that doesn't allow the wind to blow so it won't get sand in someone's face.
 
I have a time share on Singer Island at the Marriott (for about 7 yrs now). Singer is NOT Riviera Beach. That sign, I think if I'm not wrong, is by the stripmall. I don't think RB has any highrises like in the background of the pic. Like was stated Riviera Beach IS a high crime area. Singer is not. I wouldn't MD in RB any time. But I must admit I don't know what the rules are on Singer.

PS: A bit of history... the site of the current Marriott was the site of the motel that Lloyd Bridges' charactor worked out of in "Sea Hunt". LOL
 
No fun of any kind :P
 
Indasurf said:
I sure hope they never need to add this one to the list: "No Oil Slicks Allowed" :o
Hate to be an ass, but I hope they get hit the hardest when that oil swings around the Keys.... Uppity people need to be sterilized..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom