What's new

Almost

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went today it was a good thing the weather wasnt to cold. I found so many broken ones and a few almost whole ones. These are all missing the tips. I did find 1 tool that I believe it whole. 2 pics front and back. Archaic period and I have a name for these when I pick them up.........Dam Its.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2957.webp
    100_2957.webp
    299.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_2958.webp
    100_2958.webp
    329.1 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
Nice finds Rock!!
I'd be happy with damn it's...lol
 
I went today it was a good thing the weather wasnt to cold. I found so many broken ones and a few almost whole ones. These are all missing the tips. I did find 1 tool that I believe it whole. 2 pics front and back. Archaic period and I have a name for these when I pick them up.........Dam Its.

That's what I call the ones that made me bend over for nothing. This is off topic, but you'll like it. I was hunting a few days back, racing day light, so I didn't spend much time on pieces of question. I threw them in my pocket, and figured ill ask questions as I clean them. (Yes, my coat pockets are gritty to say the least) I reached in my pocket a day or so later, and pulled out an old sun hardened cleat from an old tractor tire. I just shook my head and said, there is the Celt that I thought I'd dropped. Dam it!
 
You know it is a matter of time before you pull a real nice one out of there. The numbers are in your favor. :thumbsup:
 
I agree, like in MD'g dig every signal and there will be a "gem" somewhere along the line. Patience.

Some of those look just like a lot of very early pieces.
 
I agree, like in MD'g dig every signal and there will be a "gem" somewhere along the line. Patience.

Some of those look just like a lot of very early pieces.

Thanks the white one I thought maybe early by the base of it. First pic of it looks almost like a flute at the base. I found most of them in a new part of the field. The grass is setting in now and I have to go to different spots where you can still see the dirt. Thanks everyone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom