What's new

Aluminum Hollow Thing .

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is almost 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter . It is hollow , very light . It does not seem to have a way to open it .
 

Attachments

  • Picture 003.webp
    Picture 003.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Picture 004 (3).webp
    Picture 004 (3).webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Picture 005 (5).webp
    Picture 005 (5).webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Picture 006.webp
    Picture 006.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 292
Maybe croquet mallet?
 
Upvote 0
Spot on. Great ID :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Vintage aluminum net buoy. (1930s)
Great ID MJ. :icon_thumright: Its a great ID when you dont have words to google. We have a lot of posts unsolved this week.
 
Upvote 0
I didn't need words Cy... I know he lives in Maine and posts a lot of items related to maritime associated venues. It looked like a float with no openings and is made from aluminum - the first thing I googled was "fishing net buoy" and there is was! The fourth picture under "images".
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I didn't need words Cy... I know he lives in Maine and posts a lot of items related to maritime associated venues. It looked like a float with no openings and is made from aluminum - the first thing I googled was "fishing net buoy" and there is was! The fourth picture under "images".
Dont stop. We have many other unsolved thingamajigs. ;D
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom