What's new

Alzheimer’s patient just REGAINED her memory, speech, mobility, AND bladder control after a SINGLE dose of psilocybin.

Main StrengthsHighly efficient in acute emergencies, trauma care, complex surgeries, and managing severe infections.Excels in preventive care, wellness optimization, and managing some chronic lifestyle conditions.

Each have a place in one's well being I personally believe.

Preventive care isn't a well advised option under Allopathic Medicine.
Though it is high on the list for Trauma, surgeries, severe infections.

When only looking at one side and discount the other through the lack of experience is only putting the blind fold on and trying to see.

So to the ones that totally are one sided in the viewpoint have you actually tried the other option.

There are many controlled studies using alternatives that are not "Peer" reviewed.
The question is why would they in the first place because it might undermine what they have been instructed to believe.

Where do the quoted references get their main funding from? Pharmaceutical giants are the bread basket for many medical based universities.

Here is an example of proof of what I just stated:

Per Capita Investment: International higher education assessments show that Johns Hopkins pulls in nearly $250,000 in private corporate funding per professor, with the majority of those private industry funds originating from the pharmaceutical sector.

So ask yourself the question this why would a professor talk about or endorse an alternative anything when they know who is buttering their slice of bread.
 
A case in point;

I once knew a "Doctor of Holistic medicine". He had a framed Doctorate degree hanging on the wall and a library of books with remedies. His favorite remedy was an orange drink, probably Tang orange drink or equivalent.

After ten years that I knew him, he developed diabetes. The diabetes developed further and his feet were amputated. Next, Medical Doctors diagnosed the progression of his diabetes and they said that required the amputation of both legs.

He declined the Doctors recommendation and died shortly there-after.

This probably happens thousands of times every day.

- Geowizard
 
This is insane…

An advanced Alzheimer’s patient just REGAINED her memory, speech, mobility, AND bladder control after a SINGLE dose of psilocybin.


i WANT to believe this! the problem for me is how AI has tilted all the news.... I have noticed recently how i keep running into BS every time I search the simplest subject. Try asking questions about things you KNOW to be false. For me this has really kicked up in the past couple of weeks. The amount of AI "history" vids has EXPLODED! I don't trust these kinds of stories.... such a story like this one should be HUGE and on every network, every night for months.
 
Allopathic medicine and a second case;

A 73 year old US Marine Veteran (cigarette smoker) diagnosed with stage two lung cancer. He went to the VA Hospital for treatment. Over 4000 pages of diagnosis and stage three treatment ensued over a period of ten months. He went into hospice and died ten days later.

So what?

The difference is "documentation". The VA documentation covered all of the bases of diagnosis with detailed observations and treatment by doctors and nurses. This is a permanent record along with a million or more other records of diagnosis and treatment that develop into a "Body of knowledge". Cancer research and the future of medicine is only possible with a "Body of knowledge".

The alternate, holistic medicine, there is no record. Nothing.

Note: The US Marine Veteran was a friend and my latest flames' recently departed husband.

- Geowizard
 
i WANT to believe this! the problem for me is how AI has tilted all the news.... I have noticed recently how i keep running into BS every time I search the simplest subject. Try asking questions about things you KNOW to be false. For me this has really kicked up in the past couple of weeks. The amount of AI "history" vids has EXPLODED! I don't trust these kinds of stories.... such a story like this one should be HUGE and on every network, every night for months.
An emphatic, "YES". Thank you! I thought it was just Me!

AI has no moral compass. AI has no social value system! Judgement of what is "good" or what is "Evil" has no bearing on the "information" highway! (sad emoticon)

- Geowizard
 
pepperj said

"Here is an example of proof of what I just stated:

Per Capita Investment: International higher education assessments show that Johns Hopkins pulls in nearly $250,000 in private corporate funding per professor, with the majority of those private industry funds originating from the pharmaceutical sector.

So ask yourself the question this why would a professor talk about or endorse an alternative anything when they know who is buttering their slice of bread."

Reply:

Proof? Here's proof:

Federal Regulators (FDA) require by law Pharmaceutical companies to undergo very extensive testing and a multiplicity of replication of testing (for repeatability and dosing) before release of pharmaceuticals to the market. It can and often does take Years! Who in the *ell is qualified to do that testing? First guess would be... the most advanced research professionals on the planet! They are the leaders in the most advanced testing and research institutions, laboratories and facilities in creation. At the very best universities known to mankind. That's who!

I recently (last night) did personal research on the process of gluten testing in food products! Not drugs but how is gluten measured? What is the "gluten free" test?

gluten analysis:

National Institutes of Health
National Library of Medicine
National Center for Biotechnology Information

"Analyzing Gluten Content in Various Food Products Using Different Types of ELISA Test Kits"


The creme du creme of analytical organic chemistry! It's not an orange drink! :icon_study:

- Geowizard
 
An emphatic, "YES". Thank you! I thought it was just Me!

AI has no moral compass. AI has no social value system! Judgement of what is "good" or what is "Evil" has no bearing on the "information" highway! (sad emoticon)

- Geowizard
Push the AI reporting to the front where a lot more people can read it firsthand for what it is.
 
I would share an important note...

We are thinkers! Thinking and learning are the most important things we do. Learn to be a "critical thinker". Critical Thinking is a learned skill. It is required in many if not most colleges, universities and places of higher learning. Thinkers and readers of content need to evaluate the content and... learn the skills to filter out content without "foundation" before adding new content to your knowledge base.

It ain't easy either. With the advent of AI, all content, good and evil gets equal treatment. AI has the potential to not only corrupt education but destroy the foundations of learning. :icon_study:

- Geowizard
 
I think we have realized a large number of DISCREDITED doctors and scientist over the last ten years have been CREDIBLE. Their major problems were their solutions would have taken a large profit away from major companies and institutions who only try to maintain patients not cure patients.
 
In my younger days they would shake you and slap your face, then splash you with cold water and say “Snap out of it!” Nowadays you just swallow a pill and get ready for blast-off!
 
The last time I tried it, the tracers and visions started, then the couch I was on stood up on the end and started swirling around as I was clinging to it to try to hold on. I couldn't and was "tossed onto the floor".
All I can say after the experience I was at ease for months reflecting on the phenomenon.
But you still remember it all so it did work for your memory!!
 
But you still remember it all so it did work for your memory!!
Remembering the experience does have an effect on the mind. This could be a problem for the Alzheimer patient.
Perhaps like a new jump start will have a positive effect?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom