Am Honked Off

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems that some times , people seeing you detecting at an area with playground equipment become real nut cases. I don't know how many places i have gone and some one thinks its real cute to SALT the area with Roofing Nails >:( Don't know what these people are thinking, "well yes i do". Only they are not thinking clear, if one of their kids jumped off a piece of equipment and got one of them nails stuck in them, they would be furious, and it would only be worse after theyhave gotten rusted some. These are the same type of people who salt the area with Alum slag, ball bearings, nuts, bolts and screws. Think all the brothers and sisters here need to set up a Bail Me out of jail Kitty for when i catch one of these creeps .. Ok Ok i vented now sheesh thanks for listening :BangHead:

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
They may not be putting them there to bug you but to actually injure a child. The same type of people used to put foreign objects in halloween candy for kicks. There are sic individuals out there.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the job of cleaning the counties parks because a commissioner's daughter got a fish hook caught in her foot. You'd be surprised at the harmful items my team has found. Do you know those construction plates with a 2" spike on them that are used to hold furring strips to basement walls. I don't know what they are really called, but we find these buried in the sand with the spike pointed up. We find steak knives in the water, razor blades, pins, you name it. There are some sick people out there.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
i know how you feel about this. i very seldom hunt active p-grounds or parks but i always think of others when i encounter dangerous stuff. i always pick up trash, even if i didn't dig it. if too much to haul, i make a pile in a safe area for the over-worked public employees. i once found a blasting cap for tnt. i isolated the area and called 911 on my cell. yeah i was a bit shaken but felt good after they took care of it. WHEW! i've found lots of live rounds which are pretty safe unless you bang the primer cap kinda hard. i have took all home, cleaned some of my calibers and shot them at targets. they last well in damp conditions. thanx for your concern. i know there are people out there who would love to see m.d.ers banned. strength in numbers! recruit a newbie.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very sad post.
Its a shame that there are so many nut cases out there.
Cant say I understand
with all the abuses against our fellow man, how is it we are supposed to think theres a greater power, A god?
Sorry, not trying to create an issue here
but when I see a Post like this, the hair on the back of my neck stands up
Brady

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
archeologist's in the uk do this type of thing to stop detecting around sites they work,they are not that interested in metal finds,so anyway its a shame ,also its illegal to contaminate the ground with certain metals,maybe the same in your patch

PALEOMAN

Dec 11, 2007
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
WHITES XLT
i was questioned 1 day as to what i find so i pulled a handful from my pouch. not being 1 to separate the usual clad from junk, everything imaginable was shown. to the amazement of the curious were so many potential objects that could injure their child while playing. i then informed them that besides making battery money, responsible md`ers remove and place trash where it belongs. i believe i changed at least i persons perception of what we`re all about.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Again. there are times that I just hate people...
Baggins

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
i was at a state park where they have a swimimg hole with a beach and the first thing found right at the waters edge a 5 inch nail also found a fishing lure :) park ranger didnt mind me being there one bit:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread