RustyGold
Gold Member
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2013
- Messages
- 9,510
- Reaction score
- 11,223
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southern California
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus I & II
Xterra Elite Xterra Pro
- Primary Interest:
- Other
I believe you'l find more old silver in the backyards of older America than anywhere else! IMHO! All the Parties, Family reunions, Marriages, Graduations and celebrations of every order!
I found a 1941 Silver Mercury Dime with my Grandson, a 1948 Silver Dime and a silver dime that was cut in half! All three found in my backyard! Also found an antique 1-30 14K R.G.P. Ring. Not worth much but interesting!
Best of Luck!



I found a 1941 Silver Mercury Dime with my Grandson, a 1948 Silver Dime and a silver dime that was cut in half! All three found in my backyard! Also found an antique 1-30 14K R.G.P. Ring. Not worth much but interesting!
Best of Luck!





just hunkered down and did it)
After an hour I'd dumped my pouch twice and hit 3 wheats 4 modern dimes. All the caps and dimes were in the first 3 inches according to the detector. The wheats were 4 inches down each time~ so I concentrated on anything deeper than a bottle cap that gave me a beep. And cleaned out a lot of caps. My second hour was a relief from my frustration. At 4 inches a solid dime signal. My first silver 1943 Merc dime came shining out of the hole. I was pumped I can tell ya! I hit 3 more silver dimes by the end of the second hour, 2 Eisenhower's and another Merc plus a half dozen wheat's.







