I'm not upset that Obe is gone. That guy was bringing the whole forum down with his rhetoric. I don't mind someone voicing their opinion, but let's keep it civil and not invade every stinking thread out here. It's also unreasonable to call others stupid just because they don't agree with you. I've stayed far away from the CRH forum recently as a direct result of Obe's rants. It's good to know that I can come back now and enjoy discussion about actual CRH'ing instead of listening to people groan about politics. These days you don't have to go far to find people groaning about politics. But you don't find many places where you can actually talk about CRH'ing.
Now Rich is a different matter. I had always liked him and he gave good advice. HOWEVER, aligning himself with Obe was a bad idea and I got to the point where I ignored everything that Rich was saying. He basically just started trumpeting whatever Obe was ranting about at the time. And now he appears to be gone.
If that doesn't tell you what the political hatred in this country is doing to people then I don't know what will. Rich let his emotions get the better of him. If he wants to live his life in fear and backing someone like Obe then that's his business. But my respect for him has dwindled over the past few months because of it. And that's too bad. He's a good guy. With Obe gone he may have been able to go back to the way he used to be: helpful, genuinely nice, and full of laughs. Now he's off to other things. I only hope he can learn to put all of that hatred and fear behind him.
I wish him the best of luck.