American Gun Owners to be Fingerprinted and Registered: Feinstein Announces Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bill, it was Cheney and it was as you said a accident. Just like can happen with driving, power tools or a bad case of the runs!:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, does a person have to serve in a branch of service to be a patriot?

Would that leave the former vice president off the list? His own behavior toward safe handling of weapons makes me a bit leery of him. I realize he was a strong
proponent of the 2nd.

Dave, not sure where your going but to answer your question I would say no. I have several good friends that are as patriotic as I am and never served a day....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rebel,

Thank g*d that Colin Powell was the 3rd member of the team that had the key to the big boom button.....be afraid.....be very afraid....what's this button for....oops.....

Regards + HH

Bill

I thought it was one of his Secret Service guys...

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rebel,

Yeah I was aware of that....I try to keep up on world news to the extend my brainpower can digest it all....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DYK? Gen. Powell, REPUBLICAN... voted for "O", this time...

Powell is just a rino! everything about him is a suck up and political....in my view not really a independent thinker just power hungry.......pathetic!

RacerX29

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me aboard.

So, on the topic of gun control legislation and the original post, I have several acquaintances that think nothing much will come from the proposed legislation. My friends are thinking that any gun ban bills will go too far and make it so that no legislator would vote for them. I am more pessimistic. I know the health care reform act is a different situation but I look at how Congress got that done. They didn't even read the bill before they voted on it. They also kept saying the same thing: "we need to act on this for the American people." Every time Congress acts, we lose civil liberties.

I fell we are going to get the same hard push for these new laws to get forced through. I hope otherwise but our system of government has been completely corrupted.

My hope is that states will assert their rights to protect their residents. I have a conceal carry permit for Ohio. Shortly after they passed legislation for "shall permit," my friends and I signed up for the training and certification. We considered that the State of Ohio was actually "giving back" a right to us and that we should take advantage of it. None of us have the attitude of being badass enforcers. We know the responsibility we have when we are armed in public.

And that brings me back to the original post for this thread. I am already fingerprinted and on file with the Feds in order to get the CCL. The things is that they don't know what type of firearms I have or how many. I feel it is my right to not have the Federal Government know that information. I can see no reason for it other than facilitating confiscation.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Racer, you are dead on. The govt. just wants to know where the guns are so they are easier to round up.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have written 7 times to my Senators since this started voicing my EXTREME displeasure at the attack on our 2nd amendment, and where my vote will not go if they support it, as well as donating money to the NRA and a couple other 2nd amendment organizations to help fund the fight against obamas and the lefts attempt to violate our rights and disarm the American citizens...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have written, called and donated as well! I hope many many others are doing the same!!!!!!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have written 7 times to my Senators since this started voicing my EXTREME displeasure at the attack on our 2nd amendment, and where my vote will not go if they support it, as well as donating money to the NRA and a couple other 2nd amendment organizations to help fund the fight against obamas and the lefts attempt to violate our rights and disarm the American citizens...

"The LEFT"... as in LIBERALS...?

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Treasure_Hunter said:

It looks to me as a non US citizen that in a couple of hundred years treasure hunters will be digging up all the guns you guys have buried so they don't get stolen by the government, very sad.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The LEFT"... as in LIBERALS...?
That is usually who wants to disarm American citizens, although there are some who believe in the 2nd.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone considered the possibility that the NRA and other gun orgs and big gun companies are purposely whipping you guys up into a frenzy so you donate lots of money and buy lots of guns??

RacerX29

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have to say that all I have done is vote and talk amongst my friends. That is not enough. I need to do more because we are in a fight for the ideals that made this country so special. I called my congressional representative's office during the health care act debate and only received a bulk response letter telling me how I'm ignorant and they know what is best for us (it was worded in a nice way but that was the point). Obviously, I was against that piece of legislation. Now, with these proposed gun laws, it is encouraging to see that so many sheriffs in the country are coming out and declaring that they will not enforce any unConstitutional laws.

I've hesitated to join the NRA because I'm actually more hardline than their general stance. I don't think that hunting has to be used as a justification for owning firearms. But, since they are fighting for us, I'm pretty sure I'm going to join them.

RacerX29

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone considered the possibility that the NRA and other gun orgs and big gun companies are purposely whipping you guys up into a frenzy so you donate lots of money and buy lots of guns??

Have you read any of the proposed legislation? Do you understand the mindset of a typical liberal? I haven't been listening to the NRA, I've been listening to the politicians and I'm seeing what they are doing in states like California and New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions