American Gun Owners to be Fingerprinted and Registered: Feinstein Announces Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all the aussies i work with are against what happened to their firearms. Most have exemptions for living in rural areas (where a higher number of rounds is required hunting fowl and vermin) but still had to give up a large number of firearms.

on that note, I own a few firearms at present, if i was at home, i would have bought another three. 3 guns i own are on the proposed ban list, including an sks, a calico m-100, and a saiga .410 shotgun. If they ask me to register them and ticket them thats ok by me, but how is it any different than when you fill out the atf paperwork to buy a gun at a store? you still have to give your name, address, photo id, and be felony free among other things. So is adding a fingerprint and sharing atf sales documentation with law enforcement that big of a deal? most new firearms have a round fired into a test tank and given to (some registration organization i dont remember) for ballistics data anyway.

The only reason i can tell people are against registration is it would make previously unknown firearms be "in the system" ( i bet a ballistics test will be required as well).

With that said, on the subject of high cap mags and assault rifles and their recent vilification, I may not own any of the big offenders, but talking about all this sure has boosted gun and ammo sales hasn't it... I even want to go out and spend hard earned savings on guns and other things i know i might not be able to buy in the future. I think I want to buy them more now, because somebody has said that i wont be able to get it in the future. ( for reference in marketing this is the scarcity principle.) I know that im a good enough shot hunting to provide for myself with one shot. I know that other than fighting zombies, there is most likely no possible chance for a practical use of high cap and high cal mags and guns. But GOD is it a rush to unload a box of rounds on a target. I used to get stressed out at work or with school, but an afternoon being destructive and honing a skill alleviates that. My friends and I would go out and have shooting competitions, and we bought a number of break over shotguns and .22 rifles for our friends who had never shot before to use. It was a Blast!

In summation, I am an American - who does not like to be told what he can and can not do, the same reason my forefathers moved from the colonies into the frontier. And that's the main reason i oppose this legislation.

I will say, (moderators please amend this if i over step my bounds, i'll do my best to keep the text as ambiguous as possible, no need to ruin it for everybody) If a group of people pass legislation to the extent as assumed by politicians and plebeians alike, said group would most likely fail to hold both majority and executive branch. Thus negating any particular "hard-won" victories as they would surely be overturned by a newly elected body of government. If the people were to exercise their right of initiative prior to the next electoral process - the measure could possibly make it to a popular vote on the same ballot.

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plain and simple, he has violated his oath of office and needs to be impeached...His duty is to protect and preserve the Constitution of The United States, not attack it....

Treasure Hunter, please explain to me and the rest on here,,,,What you just said is 110% correct...He is against everything that this Country was founded on, and yet re=elected??? Please tell me how this happened...I know certain votes were not "allowed" to be counted...Not sure how many polling places were protected by armed Black Panthers? but still HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?? has Americans really got their heads stuck that deep in the sand??

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Treasure Hunter, please explain to me and the rest on here,,,,What you just said is 110% correct...He is against everything that this Country was founded on, and yet re=elected??? Please tell me how this happened...I know certain votes were not "allowed" to be counted...Not sure how many polling places were protected by armed Black Panthers? but still HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?? has Americans really got their heads stuck that deep in the sand??

I see LOTS of Cognitive Dissonance coming... HOW, indeed!

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next obituary will be the freedom of America. And then the next obituary will be America as a sovereign nation......

Diesel, I think that "The freedom of America" is already dead!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see LOTS of Cognitive Dissonance coming... HOW, indeed!
Not from me you don't, I have no confusion or conflicts with my beliefs.

Sackett we can't go there, subject must remain limited to or associated directly with 2nd.

Last edited:

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we dont care what foreigners think of our system.we are talking about our RIGHTS
not anyone elses PRIVILEGES!

Mr Bevo, may I add that ...'THIS IS WHAT MAKES US THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD"!!!!!!!!!!!!! all others just wish that they could live as we do.....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Mr Bevo, may I add that ...'THIS IS WHAT MAKES US THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD"!!!!!!!!!!!!! all others just wish that they could live as we do.....

YEP! That's DEMOCRACY, for ya! "Arab Spring"...; has NOTHING to do with Democratic Party...

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diesel,

It's called humor.....the dude is expressing his views.....a bit of humor is usually a sign that people are posting items somewhat tongue in check....

Regards + HH
Bill

Bill Sir, You will find that when they come for our guns, well to put it in simple terms THERE WILL NOT BE HUMOR IN IT!! There will be some slow walking and mourning and crying on the hill!!!! That is not humor but eternity!! and Sir that is forever..That also is part of being an American, the will to give up your life for principals that you believe in. principals and rights that God gave us, and He expects us to protect!

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It ain't in my house!

Diesel I know it ain't dead in your house nor mine, nor TH's nor Mr. Cash,,,it is plain where it is alive, BUT man there are so many Americans that are dead to what this Country REALLY is!!!! What it was founded on!!!! What my grand-fathers fought for....it is so sad!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Diesel I know it ain't dead in your house nor mine, nor TH's nor Mr. Cash,,,it is plain where it is alive, BUT man there are so many Americans that are dead to what this Country REALLY is!!!! What it was founded on!!!! What my grand-fathers fought for....it is so sad!!!

You are so right many Americans are dead inside, it is very sad!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! Was responding to "post" by Sackett; he asked YOU a GREAT question...

Rebel I have already stated I can't answer the question it would violate our rules, we already know the answer.

Rebel what branch of service did you serve in?

RacerX29

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, first post, so I'll try not to make an a$$ of myself. And by all means, point it out if I do exactly that.

So, today we are closer to having our 2nd Amendment right infringed upon by a Congress and President that swore to defend the Constitution. However, they seem to want to transform it. Feinstein had her big press conference holding up weapons that she feels should be banned.

It all gets down to trusting your fellow countrymen. I know many people I work with and that I am acquainted with that I would hand a loaded WASR-10 or AR15 to and I would feel completely safe. It's not the weapon, it's the person. I agree that the mentally ill should not have access to firearms. Obviously, criminals shouldn't have firearms either.

Taking firearms from law-abiding citizens doesn't make anyone safer. I remember reading an article recently about Aurora, Illinois - not to be confused with Colorado. They are the next largest city in Illinois second to Chicago. They had a fairly high murder rate in 2011. In 2012, the murder rate went to ZERO. Hmmm, how did that happen? They already deny gun ownership to law-abiding citizens. They didn't add any new gun control laws either. What they did was had a federal task force join with the local police and conduct a huge gang leader bust. Wow! Who would have thought that when you go after criminals, the crime rate drops.

[links to news articles about crime rate drop in Aurora, Illinois]
16 CHARGED IN GANG BUST - The Beacon News - Aurora (IL) | HighBeam Research
FBI: Aurora crime rate drops in 2012 - Aurora Beacon News

Now, plenty of people would argue that these measures are only going to take the "assault weapons" from us. And that registering your gun doesn't mean they are taking it away. But I do believe the 2nd Amendment was actually designed for the citizenry to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government.

We can go on and on about "why do you need 30 rounds in your gun?" I can think of plenty of reasons but the "big one" is to defend myself from tyranny. And I've heard the argument that the "founding fathers only had muskets" and they could have never imagined assault weapons. Well, guess what? They had cannons back then and private citizens were allowed to own them.

It pains me deeply to see how people are willing to allow their rights to be taken from them. The ignorance of people and widespread lack of understanding of what built the United States makes me think we have no chance to defeat this.

My Dad served in WWII. He taught me respect for firearms and what they mean to us as Americans. He was very interested in history and understood that the United States was like no other nation. Individual rights, granted by God, are what makes this country so special. Take any of these rights away and it all falls apart. IMHO.

Paleopilot

Dec 4, 2012
South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, first post, so I'll try not to make an a$$ of myself. And by all means, point it out if I do exactly that.

So, today we are closer to having our 2nd Amendment right infringed upon by a Congress and President that swore to defend the Constitution. However, they seem to want to transform it. Feinstein had her big press conference holding up weapons that she feels should be banned.

It all gets down to trusting your fellow countrymen. I know many people I work with and that I am acquainted with that I would hand a loaded WASR-10 or AR15 to and I would feel completely safe. It's not the weapon, it's the person. I agree that the mentally ill should not have access to firearms. Obviously, criminals shouldn't have firearms either.

Taking firearms from law-abiding citizens doesn't make anyone safer. I remember reading an article recently about Aurora, Illinois - not to be confused with Colorado. They are the next largest city in Illinois second to Chicago. They had a fairly high murder rate in 2011. In 2012, the murder rate went to ZERO. Hmmm, how did that happen? They already deny gun ownership to law-abiding citizens. They didn't add any new gun control laws either. What they did was had a federal task force join with the local police and conduct a huge gang leader bust. Wow! Who would have thought that when you go after criminals, the crime rate drops.

[links to news articles about crime rate drop in Aurora, Illinois]
16 CHARGED IN GANG BUST - The Beacon News - Aurora (IL) | HighBeam Research
FBI: Aurora crime rate drops in 2012 - Aurora Beacon News

Now, plenty of people would argue that these measures are only going to take the "assault weapons" from us. And that registering your gun doesn't mean they are taking it away. But I do believe the 2nd Amendment was actually designed for the citizenry to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government.

We can go on and on about "why do you need 30 rounds in your gun?" I can think of plenty of reasons but the "big one" is to defend myself from tyranny. And I've heard the argument that the "founding fathers only had muskets" and they could have never imagined assault weapons. Well, guess what? They had cannons back then and private citizens were allowed to own them.

It pains me deeply to see how people are willing to allow their rights to be taken from them. The ignorance of people and widespread lack of understanding of what built the United States makes me think we have no chance to defeat this.

My Dad served in WWII. He taught me respect for firearms and what they mean to us as Americans. He was very interested in history and understood that the United States was like no other nation. Individual rights, granted by God, are what makes this country so special. Take any of these rights away and it all falls apart. IMHO.
Well said and welcome! :thumbsup:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Excellent post, Racer and welcome! :occasion14:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, does a person have to serve in a branch of service to be a patriot?

Would that leave the former vice president off the list? His own behavior toward safe handling of weapons makes me a bit leery of him. I realize he was a strong
proponent of the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread