What's new

American Standard pistol

duffer04

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2024
Messages
47
Reaction score
102
Golden Thread
0
I've had this pistol for years just sitting in a drawer. Made in the late 1800s maybe. Is it a .22 caliber?
 

Attachments

  • 20260303_103642.webp
    20260303_103642.webp
    699.9 KB · Views: 95
I've had this pistol for years just sitting in a drawer. Made in the late 1800s maybe. Is it a .22 caliber?
What size is the bore and the holes in the cylinder?
 
That's probably .32 rimfire, a popular caliber at the time for small self defense pistols. Does it say Standard XXX on the barrel? If I recall, I have seen this gun before, it was a popular vest pistol from the 1870's.
 
That's probably .32 rimfire, a popular caliber at the time for small self defense pistols. Does it say Standard XXX on the barrel? If I recall, I have seen this gun before, it was a popular vest pistol from the 1870's.
It says American Standard Tool Co. A picture of one in much better condition was just posted. Thanks
 
Dowel size would indicate .22 caliber. 3/16 inch is .1875 inch, 22 caliber bore is .222 inch.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom