What's new

Amigo II users ?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
1,368
Golden Thread
0
Location
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I just bought a decent lookin' Amigo II to play with.

A couple questions for you Amigo II users... Are they really sensitive to the tiny bits, like a Compadre is? Are they as well balanced as the microMAX units? The one I bought is coming with the "speed handle".
 
Last edited:
Never held one so don't know much about the balance.
I have read rumors that all the superpowers of the modern Compadres are in this one also.
I think I heard some of the first 7" coil Compadres used the same board just in a different configuration.
Those that use the Amigo seemed to love them.

Have fun.
 
The amigo II was an amazing hot little machine,not as well balanced ,i sold plenty of these in the day.
This one shown without the speed grip.
Gary Picture 136.webp
 
Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I had a couple Compadres for a short while, but gave those to two of my kids. I've been doing the totlots with my Eldorado/5.75" as it also has the "ED180" and will pick up the tiniest metal bits... BB's and staples, several inches down. The Tejon will do it as well, but both of them seem like much more than you need or want for totlots.
I think the Amigo II should be fun, and hopefully I can get it right next to steel poles while disc is set low. Can't really do that with Eldorado or Tejon.
 
The amigo 2 was and s a very good machine. It can and will find silver.
 
I know this is an old thread, but can anyone confirm the frequency the amigo II runs? Is it 12khz?
Looked up the manual but it doesn't say.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom