What's new

AMMO ID NEEDED

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found these before and never gave them much thought. It seems like a large bullet, but as you can see the sides are not smooth.

Any experts?
 

Attachments

  • 2009_06210007.webp
    2009_06210007.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 358
It is a black powder conical bullet, the sides usually have a coating of wax or some other lube to aid in sliding down the barrel. No patch is needed, as the bullet fits tighter down the barrel, its a modern day bullets, buts I'm sure they had some version in the 1800's..
 
Upvote 0
backitup83 said:
It is a black powder conical bullet, the sides usually have a coating of wax or some other lube to aid in sliding down the barrel. No patch is needed, as the bullet fits tighter down the barrel, its a modern day bullets, buts I'm sure they had some version in the 1800's..
I think you nailed it right on the head backitup83,I do agree with you

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
It's a contemporary conical black powder bullet manufactured by The Buffalo Bullet Co.
 
Upvote 0
It is a lead swaged bullet with a "dry" lubricant to be exact. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom