What's new

AMW what is it

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7,253
Reaction score
8,542
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a challenge...

AMW (America's Most Wanted) aired a segment last Saturday 1 Aug 09 with this what is it in the case.

The police don't know what it is.

Any clues?

AMW tag.webp

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=46879
 
I found this exchange on the Mercedes forum:


Question
I am trying to find out if a round decal is for a European Mercedes Benz.
Submitted 154 days and 21 hours ago.
Category: Mercedes
Value: $15
Status: CLOSED
–
Show Less
Optional Information


Already Tried:
I have figured out that this round decal numbered 30-E
OVER FQC could be E=Europe and that the FQC stands for Fine Quality Control. I am trying to find out what Car Manufacturer
would use the number 30 in Europe. I was wondering if it was a Mercedes and if it stood for the Mercedes 300
?
Please let me know what you regarding this number 30 and if it is a Mercedes code from Europe or another European Car
Code. I need to know - very important!
Thanks!
Posted 150 days and 4 hours ago.
Reply
Relist: No answer yet. I am trying to find out a what a code stands for that is on a decal on the window of a Car. The Code is 30-E over FQC. I have learned that the FQC stands for Fine Quality Control and that the E may stand for Europe. The 30 is what I am trying to find out about. Is that a Mercedes Code from Europe or another Overseas Car Code?
Posted by Steve 150 days ago.
Answer

Yes, the vin number should also shed some light on the subject.



Steve
Posted 149 days and 15 hours ago.
Reply
I do not have the VIN Number, only the decal numbers/letters to go by. So, are you saying that the 30-E stands for a Mercedes from Europe and if so, do you know what model? THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT!
Thanks!
Posted by Steve 148 days and 22 hours ago.
Answer

Can you be more specific about the car please. Why are yo trying to deturmine if the car is a euro edition?



Steve
Posted 145 days and 10 hours ago.
Reply
I am trying to find out what make and model as I am trying to locate a Relative that travels regarding a serious family matter and only one person in the family happened to notice this decal and not the Plate Number, etc. He is here in the States most of the time but also lives/works in Europe somewhere.

I bope you can tell me if this is a Mercedes and what model and if it is from Europe and then I can try and chase it down that way.

Thanks!

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1v8jq-trying-find-round-decal-european#ixzz0NA3afpKw
 
Upvote 0
Here's bit of info.

Acronym Definition
FQC Fondation Québécoise du Cancer (French)
FQC Final Quality Control
FQC Field Quality Control (Antwerp, Belgium)
FQC Filière Qualité Carrefour (French)
FQC Field Quality Centre (Nissan Motor, Japan)
FQC Faculty Quality Committee
FQC French Quarter Classic (New Orleans, LA Ferrari race)
FQC Foundation for Quality Care (Albany, New York)
FQC Fuchs Quick Connect (hydraulic quick-attach system)
FQC Frame Quality Classifier
FQC Frederick Quinn Corporation (Addison, IL construction company)
FQC Fresh Quality Chain (shelf-life analysis model)
FQC Faucet Quick Connect
FQC Fast Quadrature Counter
FQC First Quantum Correction
FQC Fibonacci Quasicrystals

Tony

Did a Google under....nissan 30 E and got some hits. try that.
 
Upvote 0
I wish we knew the size of this sticker. Im assuming its thin plastic.

"Near Erica's body, police found a small sticker that resembles a manufacturer's tag or label. Police believe it could have come from a European company, and are hoping someone in the public can help them identity the source of the sticker".


The sticker may not even be related but it could have come from some clothing that was bought.

"One of Erica's other boyfriends told cops that the morning she disappeared, she had called him, bragging that the older guy was back from Europe and was taking her on a shopping spree at a local mall that afternoon".
 
Upvote 0
Near Erica's body, police found a small sticker that resembles a manufacturer's tag or label. Police believe it could have come from a European company, and are hoping someone in the public can help them identity the source of the sticker.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=46879

It looks like a sticker off of clothing put on there by the person who inspected the quality of it.
 
Upvote 0
LOL its cnyun(sh*t)ong clothing. Well here is what it says:

Total Quality Management We have established a comprehensive quality control system. We conduct in-house QC inspection according to ISO 9001:2000 guidelines, and welcome your third party auditors to carry out IQC, IPQC and FQC. We perform fabric test for our regular material annual in SGS, ITS to ensure that our material is fully met the quality standard of worldwide.

Another http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...2000+guidelines+fqc&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us


This sticker appears to be an inspection label from a box or clothing recently purchased.
"FQC entails double checking products once more during final packaging".
 
Upvote 0
Unless the police found fibers, its from a recently purchased package, possibly electronics. Thats my guess.
 
Upvote 0
Isn't it odd that a clothing sticker would appear on a decal in the window of a car, with the same code of 30-E over FQC? (see my post above)
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Isn't it odd that a clothing sticker would appear on a decal in the window of a car, with the same code of 30-E over FQC? (see my post above)
I'll have to read it again. He has NOT found the same code of 30-E over FQC the way I read it. This man is only guessing that it came from a car.

"I have learned that the FQC stands for Fine Quality Control and that the E may stand for Europe. The 30 is what I am trying to find out about."quote


I find it highly unlikely that a car decal would fall off. I guess it could be from a seat or something. The ISO 9001:2000 guidelines that require FQC inspections are not limited to clothing. They seem to apply to all lines of manufacturing. It would be a big clue if E stands for Europe.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
creskol said:
Isn't it odd that a clothing sticker would appear on a decal in the window of a car, with the same code of 30-E over FQC? (see my post above)
I'll have to read it again. I find it highly unlikely that a car decal would fall off. Also the ISO 9001:2000 guidelines that require FQC inspections are not limited to clothing. They seem to apply to all lines of manufacturing.

Exactly!...If observed on a car....Witness time. BMW also had a E-30 series. Sticker was found near body. BigCy..Like you say stickers are rather hard to fall off even if you want them to,,,, even on clothes. Someone is not telling the whole story of the sticker, such as fibers as mentioned.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
creskol said:
Isn't it odd that a clothing sticker would appear on a decal in the window of a car, with the same code of 30-E over FQC? (see my post above)
I'll have to read it again. He has NOT found the same code of 30-E over FQC the way I read it. This man is only guessing that it came from a car. I find it highly unlikely that a car decal would fall off. Also the ISO 9001:2000 guidelines that require FQC inspections are not limited to clothing. They seem to apply to all lines of manufacturing.

Cool .. good info .. being such a broad spectrum of manufacturing from clothing to the car industry .. it would make this one darn near impossible to solve.
 
Upvote 0
Who observed this sticker on a car? Maybe I missed it.

I think a sticker could fall off of clothing or ipod during a struggle but I was thinking hard to fall off of a glass windshield. I guess it could come from a car seat.

If the E stands for Europe, the key would be to find out what 30 stands for.

I am thinking the sticker was pulled off something that was recently bought for the girl in Europe and then stuck to something and ended up left behind at the crime scene.
 
Upvote 0
final quality control
30 e being the method used.
Good luck finding out what it was used on.
 
Upvote 0
lostcauses said:
final quality control
30 e being the method used.
Sounds good LC. How do you know that? Do you have a link to the different methods?
 
Upvote 0
It's probably just trash and has nothing to do with the crime. Looks like the police would know to give more information about what it is made of or what else may have been found that could relate to it. They may have, but editing cut it out for some reason. I have seen crime reports on TV that didn't even sound anything like what really happened because the reporter put his/her own spin on it. M :dontknow: nty
 
Upvote 0
Been trying to cross reference quality control process to see if I can find the 30-e. I do find a every 30 percent game of taking an item to test. but not on the E part.

bigcypresshunter said:
lostcauses said:
final quality control
30 e being the method used.
Sounds good LC. How do you know that? Do you have a link to the different methods?
 
Upvote 0
Going off on another tangent, it could be an identification sticker for a batch of practice warheads. The US Army labels their M804 155mm Howitzer Practice Rounds under military code FQC. These are used in the M109 Paladin. It's another possibility.
 
Upvote 0
its a clothes tag i find them just like that on shirts sometimes when i buy them.

irritating if you dont know they are there.

the cops should know this one unless they shop at goodwill. lol
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom