An Appeal in Aid of Underprivileged Squirrels

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I had to check this out. Gee, what a request! lol Hope you find a suitable 'ride'. About a contribution, umm, I'm a little short right now. How about I promise to send at least a couple of cents at a later date.
Don't get lost on your walk/ride?.

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I had to check this out. Gee, what a request! lol Hope you find a suitable 'ride'. About a contribution, umm, I'm a little short right now. How about I promise to send at least a couple of cents at a later date.
Don't get lost on your walk/ride?.
Thanks for your interest and concern, Texas. :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
do they have a extra heavy duty model say for a 500 lb man --? 225 kg or so ---about 32 stone (if I remember right a stone is 14 lbs -- haven't had to use that middle age measure in a while)

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would not discourage your seeking to help the patron brother of detectorist writers in their welfare.
Caution though is urged as unscrupulous use of maundy money has been reported and a pattern seems to be telling.
IMG_0068.JPG

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I would not discourage your seeking to help the patron brother of detectorist writers in their welfare.
Caution though is urged as unscrupulous use of maundy money has been reported and a pattern seems to be telling.
View attachment 1058765

Is that what happens when you drink to much Guinness?

QUICK.................warn Crispin!!!:laughing7:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
My view is that squirrels are unscrupulous raiders of what should be shared as in a commonwealth. They don't ask, they just take. Like a bunch of commies. I hope your efforts are worthwhile.
I recently learned my lil sister hates squirrels. Seemed odd. I asked her why and she's not sure. Maybe it's their little bitty feet that go squeak squeak squeak.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Believe it or not, I once spent summers in your fair land and spent a great deal of time feeding squirrels in your beautiful parks. A few of us tourists and a few of you Brits did the same. I learned from my English friends that the red squirrels had been all but wiped out by the gray squirrels. My questions then are (1) are you saving red, gray or all squirrels? and (2) if it's the gray ones, why save them? I suspect that perhaps the fund raising money may just go elsewhere(the local pub). I may be wrong and if so I apologize. I fear that I must ask one additional question. I thought rabies didn't exist in your fair land, due to the quaranteen all animals go through when entering. Anyway, enjoy your walk/ride and good luck...Cheerio, A Yank

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My post was intended to be humorous. I must have made it too convincing. Sorry. You are right, we don't have rabies in the UK.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My post was intended to be humorous. I must have made it too convincing. Sorry. You are right, we don't have rabies in the UK.

Actually, I was just kidding you without trying to be as rude as I usually am. But I really did enjoy being allowed into the Royal Gardens behind Kensington Palace and sitting there with your countrymen as the furry little bliters crawled about up my torso to take pecans or peanuts out of my shirt pocket. Love your country. Have walked most parts and would never disrespect an Englishman, even if he did sound crazy...A Yank in Texas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread