What's new

An Idea to Protect and Present Your Small Points.

old digger

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
7,553
Reaction score
7,437
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an idea for some of those small delicate/gem points by using a coin holder protector. (Only really thin points may work) You may be able to insert the point without any tissue, and in that way you can view the point with a light source in the background. When using tissue, you can add by layers the amount of tissue to keep the point centered.

A couple of examples;



Folder #1 008.webp Folder #1 007.webp
 
Upvote 0
Great idea, I have been keeping mine in small baggies and wondering how to display them. Thanks ,I am going to Hobby Lobby and get some this afternoon...Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
How much do they cost OD? You know most of us dont have much money.
 
Why not just put your small pts. in a display case?
 
Nice! I rarely find points that thin. Is the stemmed one copper?
 
How much do they cost OD? You know most of us dont have much money.



I don't have lots of money either! I had to sell some of my silver halves and quarters and I kept the coin holders, so I thought this would be a good way of viewing/showing a point. I suppose a person could also tie some fishing filament to it and hang it in the kitchen window to remind oneself that it's time to hurry and finish the dishes and get out and do some hunting. If I remember they depend upon the size, but they run around a buck or two.
 
Why not just put your small pts. in a display case?



Just a suggestion so you can study/view each point individually. You can also keep track of where and when they were found on the back.
 
Nice! I rarely find points that thin. Is the stemmed one copper?



It is quite amazing how thin and well worked some of the points that we fine. Yes NC, the stemmed one is the copper trade point that I found in North Dakota thanks to Steve and John.
 
Cool Idea there old digger,I've got about a hundred or so of the square type.:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0153.webp
    DSCN0153.webp
    264.4 KB · Views: 84
:icon_thumright:...that's a great idea old digger...getting tired of having to get in & out of the frames so much, not easy or fast!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom